Stutter between 20mph and 30mph

Remains

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas what might cause a 2006 2.0 TDI to stutter between 20mph and 30mph when in 3rd and 4th gears?

Revs are usually around 1500 - 2000 when it has a stutter, almost like it's too low a gear.

Only seems to happen early on in journeys and goes away if the car has been run for more than 15 minutes or so. Can generally drop a gear to correct it but obviously I shouldn't need to be dropping gears to 3rd or even 2nd at 25mph on the flat!

im to having the same problem which has gradually got worse and worse,ive changed the harness in the head,now im looking to change the injectors,these engines are a bag of *****,never had so many problems with a car in my life,i keep getting faults codes,pd injector 3 and 4 implausable signal.is it the injectors???

Some decent info in that link thatnks bambam. Although in that thread the stutter seemed to occur when the turbo was kicking in, in my case it seems to happen when I'm just cruising at steady speed in a 30mph zone.

Suggests filters and MAF cleaning might solve it. Have just had a Google for MAF cleaning and a couple of places suggested it could cause problems as I have described.