vagcom?

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
does anyone know the best and cheepest place to get vagcom from?
and what are these cheep ebay jobbies about?
cheers Danny

Cheap cables from ebay will not work with the latest version of full VCDS. You will have to use the lite version, which is limited in features.

Look for user called NHN, who sells the original cables. I think they currently go for something like 220GBP, but don't quote me on that. Well worth the cost if you're keeping a VAG car for a long time.

It'll be the same as the ones on ebay mate. They're pretty generic to be fair, a lot of people make loads of different variants.

The fault code scanner will probably be good - BUT - one of the most useful features of VAG COM is it's ability to log live data to a CSV file. This is invaluable for finding issues.

VAG COM 409 will work with those cables, I have a dodgy ebay one and VAG COM 409 and it works fine.

cheers welly so its just finding the slightly older version and all is ok? They work on the agu alright then i guess? (since urs is agu)

As said i think nigel is the bloke to talk to about this.

cheers welly so its just finding the slightly older version and all is ok? They work on the agu alright then i guess? (since urs is agu)

Mine is an AGU engine physically, but is connected to APY S3 Management. Although the same software used to work on my old A3 AGU - so should be fine.