Car won't unlock with fob.

jolly14

Reaction score
Any idea why my a4t wont lock or unlock by the fob,
i have tried 2 sets so i know its not them i have also tried the sync thats in the handbook but to no avail.:sos:

thanks guys

i had the same prob last year, it wont lock but will unlock - changed the battery, resync'd and bobs your uncle!! try that!

audi charge £2 for a battery including fitting and resyncing.

i had the same prob last year, it wont lock but will unlock - changed the battery, resync'd and bobs your uncle!! try that!

audi charge £2 for a battery including fitting and resyncing.

Thankyou drewbee

my hazards were flashing before i tried to open the car and surely 2 fobs batteries would'nt go at the same time:shrug:.

thanks

Anyone have an idiots guide to resynching handy? I have the same thing, I have changed the batteries in the fob, but didn't get a handbook with the car so have no idea how to resynch.

Anyone have an idiots guide to resynching handy? I have the same thing, I have changed the batteries in the fob, but didn't get a handbook with the car so have no idea how to resynch.

Hi tux Re-synchronising the remote control

The audi book says - if the door is locked, use the key to unlock the driver's door
-Press the unlock button on the remote control
-Insert the key into the ignition and switch on the ignition
-Switch off the ignition and remove the key
-Press the unlock or lock button

hope this helps tux

sorry for the hijack,i changed the battery in my key and tried the above and no joy,my hazard switch light is on all the time but when i press any button on the key it goes off and when i release it again it comes back on.

sorry for the hijack,i changed the battery in my key and tried the above and no joy,my hazard switch light is on all the time but when i press any button on the key it goes off and when i release it again it comes back on.

Hey brownie, i had'nt noticed the hazard light until you mentioned it so i'm wondering if the all do it, lets hope others try it and let us know.

Thanks

any update on this ,i had an auto electrician look at it and he suggested it could be a faulty hazard light switch (wouldn't thinks so my self)but have one ordered so will know on monday

any update on this ,i had an auto electrician look at it and he suggested it could be a faulty hazard light switch (wouldn't thinks so my self)but have one ordered so will know on monday

Let us know if it works brownie25 but like you say not sure if it could be that but ya never know

Check the drivers door loom.
You get breaks in the wires in the door shuts.

Can you tell me how i can check the loom for breaks as i'm not that technical or would i have to get an auto electrician to look at it.

Thankyou PW Motorsport

Take the door card off, and have a check.

Check the wires that run in the door shut rubber boot as well.

You often get other faults ie: the mirrors, airbag light, or the windows not working......

my car will lock all doors with the key so if there was a break in a wire would that not be the case ?

my car will lock all doors with the key so if there was a break in a wire would that not be the case ?

Thats the same as mine, now someone has said it may be the convenience control module (windows alarm central locking etc)
Anyone think the same or not.

jolly

did you do anything with the siren in the boot check to see if batteries have leaked or anything

did you do anything with the siren in the boot check to see if batteries have leaked or anything

Hey brownie,

I took the siren out as the battery acid melted everything beyond the point of repair (i tried the rechargable repair to no avail) but this was a few months ago and surely this problem would have happened straight away. I have now got a fault code: alarm by sensor alarm closed 01463 some one has said it maybe the convenience control module

thanks