Anyone done a hybrid on a ko3s?

jack.s

Reaction score
Looking to hybrid my ko3s has anybody done this Before? What can I expect from this upgrade considoring I already have a turbo back exhaust, fmic and stage 2.

yes.. CR turbos units.. k04 inside k03 wrapper essentially..
usually see 220g/s out of them when mapped (stage 3)
larger maf and 225 S3 injectors req'd

Think you can expect around the 260bhp -270bhp area. Do a search its been covered in great detail.

when hybriding Does it make a difference that it is a ko3s rather than just a ko3? Do you know what sort of torque figure to expect and if there are any other small aditions that a worth doing to up the power results a bit? Thanks

I think they can only do it too a k03s, not sure though. definately need Fmic Brakes and what badger said above. think torque figures are around the same as a mapped s3, over 300lb

I dont think it matters wether it is a ko3 or ko3s as essentially they are the same externally and the internals are being changed, which are the different bits

No, it doesn't matter if its a K03 or K03s, silenced or not...

Check out some of the build threads on SCN, loads of Ibiza owners have this done and Bill has done a load of these... just done a Leon with one of these and water/meth injection...

<tuffty/>

Cheers for the info guys, where can you get a high flow Mani for them?
that's got to be a good option? Is water meth injection an expensive option?

Cheers for the info guys, where can you get a high flow Mani for them?
that's got to be a good option? Is water meth injection an expensive option?

JBS do a mani for the K03... not convinced its that much better tbh but if yours is cracked then its a viable replacement...

All you need to know about water/meth... same kits as Bill fits..
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/

whats actually involved with hybriding a ko3s?

The turbo and send to CR Turbos, they hybrid it and send it back... then you just need S3/LCR/TT injectors, S3/LCR/TT MAF, Silicone TIP and at the very least a cone filter.... once done it then needs custom mapping.... should also be noted that you would be advised to have a FMIC and an LCR or S3 fuel pump fitted too..

<tuffty/>

as for so called hi flow mani.. I would'nt waste your money

the leon I completed last had a ported stock manifold, ported by me.
It flowed the same airflow from the same boost as the "hi flow" manifolds I have used previously

might look at porting the oringinal manifold then if that works, with water meth injection what is involved with fitting this, what sort of power am i looking at over the 260-270ish bhp i would get with the hybrid ko3s? thanks guys.

depending on rollers.. one customer has reported 296 bhp, however this is on the optomistic side for me..
it flowed 227g/s

i like the sound of 296 bhp lol, do you do the mapping and meth systems yourself bill? is it possible to map over an amd map? cheers.

the stage 3 maps for hybrids and big turbos are Badger5 ones..

I can flash over previous softwares yes.. If you are just asking about WMI adjustments, then AmD's software (or anyone elses's) can be Unisettings adjusted for fueling and ignition to tailor the map to the WMI setup.
I doubt the AmD map would just work for a k03/4 hybrid tho.. larger injectors, larger maf housing, too much of a change

Engine code euq injectors and rail, any good for hybrid? Cheers dale,