Bosch Super 4 vs NGK IRIDIUM IX vs NGK PFR6Q

finesse

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Which of these plugs would you recommend or use?

Audi recommend NGK PFR6Q, but after a search, users on this site use Bosch Super 4 and/or NGK IRIDIUM IX.

So which please, no messing about with gapping, simple change and go, highly reliable, good heat management and no killing of the coilpacks.

AMK 2001 REVO 1

Thanks
John

I'm using NGK PFR6Q in my AmD stage1, no problems at all, even though I do little mileage in my S3, I've done a few track sessions and 1/4 miles, car runs well.

ive been using NGK PLATINUM PFR7B for about 5 months now and i have had no problem yet.. they are 1 grade colder than normal :icon_thumright:

I've got the Bosch Super 4's, i do around 10k-12k a year had my last set in for 10k, had no issues with them, just changed them recently and they looked like they looked fine, could of left them in for a while longer

ngk bkr7e's for me mate

cheap as chips off the bay (cost me less than £10 delivered for all four)

had to set the gaps though but no biggie, been in for 4 months now no issues

they do need changing every oil change though but for the price of them i aint fussed

theyre all going to do the same job mate (hopefully) so it will come down to cost more than anything

if you dont like one brand, next time move onto another, although i really cant see you seeing any major differences in performance, not at our kinda power levels