West Midlands Safari Park

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Has anyone been recently, thinking of going with the little un and taking my car, but not too sure if it will be safe to take the car through, i dont want bits of my car ripped off!!!

Oh and if anyone has any discount vouchers, they would be great :moa:

Cheers
Nilz

You don't have to worry about your car too much. The monkeys were the biggest problem and they have all been destroyed (disease).

I remember as a lad watching with glee as my dads brand new Vauxhall Cavalier was stripped of its wipers, washer jets, wheel trims etc etc. He couldn’t do anything as it was bumper to bumper and the people in the cars in front and behind just pointed and laughed and wouldn’t move .

There isn't really anything there that would want to cause any damage. I wouldn’t get too close to the elephants though- that could get nasty.

West mids absoluetly fine went couple of weeks ago for my little ones birthday i had a get in free voucher sent to me from previous visit questionaire..

Good day out can get Very busy sometimes though...

Cool cheers guys, so its ok to go through in my car then, just a bit nervous, as above, remember going when I was young and saw cars having aerials, wipers, hubcaps and even the rubber holding a windscreen in ripped off!!!

Just dont fancy having that done to my pride and joy!!

We went a few weeks ago, all the animals were quite well behaved ie no car incidents to report, all i will say is i'm glad there was a ranger type person sheparding the rhinos togethor because they was getting a bit rowdy when we passed and i was quite nervy towards my car.
Another thing worth doing is buying some animal food at the kiosk as you drive in, we did and i managed to get a giraffe to stick its head in through the sunroof for the food, then it let rip an allmighty belch, man it stank, me and the little lad thought it was really funny, the missus didnt though lol.

Haha, lol....sounds cool, I dont have a sunroof, however I think I can let an almighty belch let rip, again I dont think the missus will be too happy about that tho'!!

me and the mrs went the once...we opened the window to feed a camel, the hairy ****** stuck his head in thru my window, reached over to the passenger side and put his head between my mrs legs (fair play)

scary stuff as i had to literally pull the hump foresaken ******* out of the car by its wirey neck hair, much to the amusement of another family and their tribe of kids,

there was a sign a little further on that said "dont feed the camels" - nuff said

follow this rule and you will be fine

Last edited:
Went today, ended up going in the wifeys car (just in case)...

What an amazing day we had, it was brilliant, although it did get quite long as it was quite busy and the weather was really good too....

Really enjoyed it and will be going back soon as they have a deal on at the mo where if you go they will give you a free return ticket for the same car and occupants.

Got quite a few good pics too, so will try putting them up in the next few days.

Oh and everything on the car is still intact :)

A few pics

P1010029.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010037.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Cheers, i'd forgotten how much fun this was, the last time I went was probably on a school trip from primary school, which was a fair few years ago now!!

It was so enjoyable and the little one loved it as well, he was just amazed at all the 'strange looking creatures' that were so close to us.

You don't have to worry about your car too much. The monkeys were the biggest problem and they have all been destroyed (disease).

Monkeys? Okay, but what about hoofs, antlers and horns!

attachment.php

Imagine them battering/scraping your side panels?

Feck that.

Went about four months ago and the biggest problem was this friendly chap!

IMG_7247.jpg

LOL Dude, I hate to think what he was going for!!!

Whatever the beast has got or going for jd09 sure looks like he's enjoying himself :p

Wow great pics, love the 2 fat frogs! lol strangely cute!

Tigers gorgeous. Been years since we went to a safari park, must go again this year now ive seen these pics!

wibble111 said:
Whatever the beast has got or going for jd09 sure looks like he's enjoying himself :p

That's Jason, the over friendly camel as the misses named him!!

Wow great pics, love the 2 fat frogs! lol strangely cute!

FM, its really not that bad, I was VERY nervous about taking one of our cars, but it was cool, there are wardens all over the place, not really anything that can come across and attack your car, there were lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras and a few other animals that were close to cars, but you can easily avoid them.

There were some very nice looking cars in there in all fairness, Im even thinking of taking the S3 next time, but the free return ticket is registered to the wifes car, so will have to leave it till another time i guess. :)