No Diversity Aerial.

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is this normal?
When i was swapping over my double din dash today, i noticed i don't have a diversity aerial.

It depends on the original radio when the car was built I think. The RNS-E will still work without a diversity aerial though, I had one running in my first A4 without any issues. I'm sure someone else will answer your question better than me soon.

Rich

What Radio did you have before with the Single DIN?

With the single DIN radio I had, "Concert II", (single CD Head unit), I had a standad ISO aerial connector plus an additional coax connector which powered the Diversity switch/aerial amplifier.
My A4 was a 2001 - one of the first.

If it was fitted with the tape HU rather than the Concert CD then you will not have the Diversity antenna. However the RNS-E will work without, but you will get a fault code logged on the RNS-E which you will never be able to clear unless you retrofit the Diversity antenna, but this would not affect the functionally of the RNS-E.

Thank you all, It has a tape player as standard. So that would explain it.

What is the general opinion about retrofitting the Diversity ZF, I have RNS-E and it does work fine without it, what will be the plus point in getting it as the radio stations are fine