Stereo Upgrade Help Please..?

Is that aimed at anyone specific or in general?

If it's in general, then yes you can.

You can only do that on stock HU's or Blaupunkt aftermarket, no idea why you'd want to though.

You can only do that on stock HU's or Blaupunkt aftermarket, no idea why you'd want to though.

Mine does it, to get arround the switched live i just connected perm live to both.

Allows me to boom without ignition on or keys in so when im at petrol station the fionce can continue listening to her podcast or something. Its only really useful in scarce situations.

I got the same stereo as above though but i need to hook up my rear speakers etc.

That's what I was thinking. It shouldn't work the same way as audi stereo. When you take the key out it will not turn on.
And because of that would prefer how Nutkin's got it sorted. All is needed is to connect yellow wire with red one on your head unit.
If someone asks why it's better - because for example I can clean my car and listen to radio without keys being inside.

That makes sense to me Slepy! I'm a sucker for trying to make things work like oem lol. Sad!

Need to get a http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270556646206
headlight-relays.gif

Following the picture above.
30 From Perm live
86 Takes feed from your column,
85 To ground
87 To headunit.
and if the relay you buy has it...
87a To nothing.

Anyone whos ever suffered the terrible headlights in a MK2 golf will know this well lol

Right, relay is all installed.

Thanks for your help

G.

Mine does it, to get arround the switched live i just connected perm live to both.

Allows me to boom without ignition on or keys in so when im at petrol station the fionce can continue listening to her podcast or something. Its only really useful in scarce situations.

I got the same stereo as above though but i need to hook up my rear speakers etc.

What, you don't trust your fiance to leave the keys in the ignition? Not a good basis for marriage.......

All good buddy?

yeah great, all seems fine. There were a lot of cables in there at the end, but loads of room.

The only change i might ake going forward is the extra power feed on ther aerial, i currently have 1 lot of power going to the aerial and i could add the second.

Going out tomorrow so will give it a good test.

Cheers mate.

Good to hear!
Good to be of help for once, instead of hassling 1wheel for rns-e info lol

Hi Guys,

Going to upgrade my stereo. I've searched through a few posts but cant seem to get the answer im looking for. I have bought the facia plate and that is fine, now i just need to make sure i get the right ISO. I thought i had a rear amp, but looking at the connections im not sure now. I know it has 10 speakers and there is a mini little sub in the back.

Can anyone tell me how i keep all speakers working with my new stereo? Will the following ISO work?

7559_12.JPG

The RED connector looks like it wont fit...

These are the connections on the back of the standard stereo...

CIMG0188.jpg

CIMG0189.jpg

CIMG0191.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers
Graham

Hi,
I'm newbie and very stupid. I 've got Audi A4 B6 2003 and it has single din head unit. My audio head unit look exactly the same pictures above. I wanna install new Sony Mex-N4050BT but I don't know anything about wiring can anyone help me to do that. All images and information below.

SONY MEX-4050BT
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qxvyduvypo9fu80/AABkEyf1PQKXMXwZnA0exZvJa
SONY cable
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/z4gkjln6spgcbjm/AADKVDPHiWkczVV3n_H9i5Ela
Sony guide
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/kr8dubmkaawbg8z/AADQp_98DPGGFXCh0H35uzABa

Can anyone show me step by step how to connect it to my car.

Thanks you so muchhhhh !

From memory*
The audi takes information from the can-bus iirc as to whether or not the engine is on. So the stereo works. So there is no iginition live for the aftermarket stereo. Finding a switched live is easy enough. But if you're like me, i wanted to it to turn off when i took the keys out. There is a fine red wire that runs down the steering column, i took a feed from this. Into a standard head light relay, and ran power that way.
Where did you feed it too?
Thanks for that, Will i need to get a aerial booster as well for the Pink/brown lead or do i use the other next to it?

Thanks again.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk