Enabling heated mirrors

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to vagcom. I have the fully licenced registered version.
MY car has heated mirrors, I've had the glass out. The wiring is there plugged into the glass. Yet in winter neither side of the car defrost.
I can only assume it's no enabled, when i came to it. MY car has nothing enabled it'd seem. I didn't even have flashing indicators on lock and unlock.

Start car, turn on rear demister & see if mirrors heat up, also you could do the same thing but with glass removed to check with multimeter if the meter reads any voltage changes, note it can pulse on/off whilst in use, if no heat or voltage changes then trace wiring as audi have habit of wiring some options to a point then stopping, so yours may goto the door pillar then nowhere.

Yes auto mode will act like this mate, but they can be manually enabled usually with the rear demister turned on & I'm almost sure its at any temp they work.

I think it's below 12 degress they will work.
Had a play before, the mirror currently in aren't heated glass it would seem. Broke it though, damn! So I'm going to order some fresh glass and get a heated on to try. I've read they won't work unless they have enough resistance.
So once i've got some glass in there that's heated I'll try again. I found the relevant channels to monitor the info on vagcom.
I also sorted the problem of when i open my drivers door, the dash says the passenger door is open.

share with us then the relevant channels to monitor in vagcom ! its a forum not the C I D lmfao only messin mate post it up if you can im getting mine this week, would be good to know, plus its about your turn to help us out lol cheers

Very true! lol
Channels 12 and 13 monitor the mirror system. So will show whether the mirrors are on or off.
So measuring blocks, channel 12 and 13.
Hope that's right(trying to recall my memory!)

Just a quick update, I cracked my mirror whens playing about. So i ordered a heated glass. I've put it on today. Using those measuring blocks. I can confirm it is now fully working with heated mirrors.