Interior Trims

ScouseA3

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a website/place where I can get some alluminium or black trims to replace my dodgy current wooden effect trim?

:icon_thumright:

They are very expensive new from dealers.

Ebay will be your best friend, as they do come up now and then.

Or a nice cheap option would be Spray them gloss black.

A few guys on here have done it and the results have been fairly good!

theres some piano black ones on there 125 or best offer

Why dont you just paint your current ones? if its done properly you wont notice the difference...

There was a post on here a month or so back where somebody had wrapped all their trim in vinyl and it looked superb, if done properly it will look as good as a factory finish and wont scratch like it would if you spray them. The other benefit of wrapping is you can do different finishes like carbon fibre etc.

Here you go, scroll to the last post on this thread and there are photos of a guy who managed to do it, the trick appears to be in the hairdryer....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?87145-Interior-trim&highlight=trim+wrapping

Last edited:
Or there's a UK franchise called 'Racoon' i think that does vinyl wrapping. There was a link and prices on another VAG forum and all interior bits on a MK5 golf was less than £100 for Carbon Fibre wrap. Even less if you removed the parts for them.

Beanoir, Japper & Indie DSG, nice one for your help! One day I'll be able to afford boss motors like yours instead of having to do things on the cheap! Take it easy.

im waiting for more carbon sheeting to come before i wrap my spare set, theyll be up for sale once its done maybe i might like em too much

Beanoir, Japper & Indie DSG, nice one for your help! One day I'll be able to afford boss motors like yours instead of having to do things on the cheap! Take it easy.

You're most welcome sir! Look forward to seeing the end result if you go the wrapping route.