clutch or boost leak?

Mark Hopkins

AUDI S3, REVO MAPPED 260 bhp
Reaction score
hi guys,

took my car on a bit of a drive this weekend to scarborogh. while on the motorway i noticed that when i put my foot down the revs would rise quicker than the acceleration, this was happening in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th, 1st and 2nd seemed fine, but when it was happening my foot was no where near the clutch:think:

any thoughts most welcome

cheers mark

Sounds like clutch slip to me, but not 100%. Was this just after you changed gear?

gear change and also when your just cruising along and drop the acclerater.

does it mor ein 5th/6th foot to the floor too?
clutch is expiring

dont run it like this too long else you will need a flywheel too

yeah does it more in 5th and 6th gear. anyone no the price of replacing the clutch? and is it worth upgrading from the standard s3 one?
take a race down 1/4 mile at santa pod in april could be out unless i can get the founds before then! lol

you can just replace the clutch, but i think im right in saying whilst its all out it pays to replace the dual mass and slave and/or master cylinder at the same time

its a very labour intensive job and wont cost alot more to do the above but saves ripping it all apart again 'x' amount of miles down the road

theres also the option of converting to single mass flywheel although i have no idea of cost of this, but a pro would be that you would never have to replace a dual mass again

right, got the car booked in to my local garage in the morning, they seem to think it dosn't always mean that the clutch has had it. so fingers crossed.
i will keep you posted on the cause and cost.

the diagnosis from the garage is that the clutch is on it's way out. so i thought while it was going to get done i might aswell upgrade it as i plan to eventually go for the hybrid turbo.
they have quoted me at around £900 for upgraded clutch, single mass flywheel, slave cylinder and fitting.
does this seem a fair price to you guys?

cheers mark

seems pretty good to me mate, one of my mates paid £1100 for uprated clutch and new dual mass in his lcr

cheers jonny87:icon_thumright:
got it booked in for next week, so im gonna be skint for a bit me thinks!!

£900 is a very good price mate! do you know what clutch you are having fitted? I paid over a grand for just the clutch!

Matt

stage 2 clutch i think?! but they are gonna ring me back with different suggestions. so i will keep you posted on the exact make that i go for. which ones do you guys recomend?

Well I had a sachs fitted with oem DMF and it feels realy good! Feels very strong. Maybe even better than original? I would reccomend but it's not cheap,

Matt

i got sachs paddle clutch, gets the thumbs up from me, heavy pedal but good feedback and as hoggy says, feels very strong, we shall see how strong when i drop it at the pod in a few weeks time :racer:

i have had to go with the standard clutch and dmf, as the cost kept rising and i couldn't affored the extra pennies for an uprated one:crying:
here is a list of the work that was carried out;
new clutch, dmf and slave cylinder
gearbox oil changed
haldex oil and filter
removed cat heat shield ( as it was rattling )
n/s rear drop link replaced
service
2 avon zz3's & spacers all round, as i recently put rs4 reps on and the offset wasn't right. causing the 2 front tyres to touch the inner arches and bulge on the inner wall. ( lesson learnt!! lol)
total cost £1400. on the plus side though it feels like a new car, so im happy:happy:

Alot of work there for £1400 I'd be happy with that!

yer mate, as hoggy says lots of work done there, uprated clutch and fly can be done next time, if you still own it by then of course