Illuminated air vent rollers

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Iv seen some audi's have little bulbs behind there air vent roll controls, i did ask Audi about this and they said it was an added extra "light pack" that comes with "puddle lights" , now i can do the puddle lights no real issue there, but what i wanted to know is would the wires be behind the dash waiting for newer air vents with lights fitted in them to be fitted?

Anyone?

There was a thread on this recently, it's bizarre that not all cars have them! I think someone has detailed the retrofit of them.... (maybe Woorlord??) I will try and find it tomorrow too!

Mine has illuminated vent rollers, but no puddle lights, just to blow your theory out the window before it's begun!

Iv seen some audi's have little bulbs behind there air vent roll controls, i did ask Audi about this and they said it was an added extra "light pack" that comes with "puddle lights" , now i can do the puddle lights no real issue there, but what i wanted to know is would the wires be behind the dash waiting for newer air vents with lights fitted in them to be fitted?

Anyone?

The vents have the LEDs waiting to be wired in - but you need to add your own wiring loom to enable this.
The "outside" vents are a doddle to connect, but the centre vent has the connector between the two vents and I can't see how to connect this one without taking out the centre radio & A/C cage. I added vent illumination when I converted my single-DIN console to double DIN so I had full access to behind the centre vent. The centre vent should pull out according to the workshop manual?!

Here is a >>Link<< to the re-posted thread on a DIY solution.

??Search on this forum did not show this previously posted thread - not sure what's going on??

mine too would like the pd lights too though

I have just done my heater rollers as said earlier the outside ones are a doddle ,having said that i just prized the center on out with a coverd screw driver and it came out no probs wired them all together connected to light switch, job done.