just joined the Audi club.....

bad-vw-boy

Reaction score
hi all just joined and yesterday took delivery of a 99 s reg audi s4 1 owner from new and 90k on the clock....love the car however i have since discovered the stereo is on the blink....common problem apparently, what i was wondering is what do people do...i.e. change for an after market and if so options best suited to the bose system , or go with areplacement audi stereo id so what and from where....many thanks..

Awesome choice of vehicle.

I'm running a Blaupunkt after-market head-unit. They don't make it any more, but I think it looks right at home in my A4. I think the more subtle and restrained the design of the head unit, the better.

blaupu10.jpg

Hi and welcome mate, ive got an lcd motorised screen in mine, and will be upgrading the rest of the system to complete aftermarket set up soon as i get the time, much better quality imo.

what do you need to change to an aftermarket head unit

Welcome mate. I bought a Sony one from Halfrauds. It is black and has a red display so looks right at home! All you need is the facia adapters. Cost you about a tenner from any good car audio retailer..............

Geeman, are those black leather gloves from the "AGENT" that came to visit...........lol