8V VCDS Mods

This is the way I look at it:
  • VCDS = Diagnostic and coding modification workshop level tool
  • ODBeleven = Diagnostic and coding modification enthusiast level tool
  • Vag Can Professional = Dealer Level tool
If I am understanding what you are trying to achieve correctly then all you want is something which you can use to activate VIM on as many cars as needed, as many times as needed (for a fee? if so get liability insurance), well I think my thoughts on ODBeleven are widely known on this forum so I am always going to suggest VCP but you need to look at it this way:
  • VCP + VIM + VIM Manager = approx £500 initial cost + 70€ yearly support fee every year after the first year = Unlimited use of all features, and there is infinitely more than VCDS and ODBeleven added together several times.
  • ODBeleven Pro + Device = 55€ = Unlimited use of core features but... VIM = 100 credits = 15€
One thing to note... anything that is dealer level has the potential to be dangerous if you do not know what you are doing and VCP is not user friendly, there is no english user manual. VCDS can break a car but broken can be fixed. ODBeleven in my experience might as well have a button labeled "break car" lol. VAG Can Professional can DESTROY a car!

Sounds to me like you want ODBeleven.
thanks for that.

no.. I'm not using it for just VIM. I'm seeing if there are more things I can do with it. VIM is the first thing I'm interested in doing but not the only thing. looking for module codes is another, just not sure if it can do that.

the non English is going to hurt. so how do I read it if its not in English?

thanks for that.

no.. I'm not using it for just VIM. I'm seeing if there are more things I can do with it. VIM is the first thing I'm interested in doing but not the only thing. looking for module codes is another, just not sure if it can do that.

the non English is going to hurt. so how do I read it if its not in English?
The application is in English, 99% of it, but there is no English manual. I guess you need to search round on you youtube to see videos of usage for all options and then go from there.

ok thanks. you should definitely start a new thread about it so that it doesn't fill up this one with such a huge topic.

when I pick one up ill let you know.

Hello everyone.

Got my obdeleven this past weekend, I couldn't stop myself from using it and since I had some credits (while I was waiting to receive the device got 6 credits free daily) and used the apps to activate:

*Drl not to turn off using amber lights
* Dimming mirror
*Oil temperature
* Set comfort turn to 5 ( or whatever you call it)
*Scandinavian drl (that's how obd11 call them)

However I did not make a backup of my previous set up. Is there anyway to do it easily in the app?

Another question I have, my a3 Premium plus without nav, I believe does not play DVDs if I activate VIM would it work?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hello everyone.

Got my obdeleven this past weekend, I couldn't stop myself from using it and since I had some credits (while I was waiting to receive the device got 6 credits free daily) and used the apps to activate:

*Drl not to turn off using amber lights
* Dimming mirror
*Oil temperature
* Set comfort turn to 5 ( or whatever you call it)
*Scandinavian drl (that's how obd11 call them)

However I did not make a backup of my previous set up. Is there anyway to do it easily in the app?

Another question I have, my a3 Premium plus without nav, I believe does not play DVDs if I activate VIM would it work?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Cant help with the ODBeleven feature side of things but your MMI system will never be able to play DVD's as it does not have a DVD drive. Non Navigation systems can play video from an external AMI connected source however.

Reactions: mike260193 and Rob2k68
Hello all - haven't been all that active lately because I have a 2015 A3 TDI in the US and it's going back to meet its maker, so haven't done much vag-com wise for a while. I just got a 2016 S3 and am on the latest vcds software throwing back on some of the useful mods I had before. Long coding is fine, but when did adaptations become mostly English? I have a spreadsheet full of stuff like "(10)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24" and now have no clue where that is. To be fair, I didn't know what it really meant before, but recoding another car or undoing coding to hand back my A3 when it's all English now and seemingly not in the same order anymore is kinda annoying. Anyone know how to get vcds back to what it was in version 15.XXX, or in German again?

does anyone know how to turn off the headlights on chim when the door opens?
I just depress the left steering wheel scroll button to mute it:

Audi A3 20 TDI Interior 3

Hello all - haven't been all that active lately because I have a 2015 A3 TDI in the US and it's going back to meet its maker, so haven't done much vag-com wise for a while. I just got a 2016 S3 and am on the latest vcds software throwing back on some of the useful mods I had before. Long coding is fine, but when did adaptations become mostly English? I have a spreadsheet full of stuff like "(10)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24" and now have no clue where that is. To be fair, I didn't know what it really meant before, but recoding another car or undoing coding to hand back my A3 when it's all English now and seemingly not in the same order anymore is kinda annoying. Anyone know how to get vcds back to what it was in version 15.XXX, or in German again?
There is no way to downgrade from v16.x as the included firmware is not compatible with earlier versions. If you can list the mods which you wish to revert back to stock I can advise accordingly.

Reactions: kc1174
There is no way to downgrade from v16.x as the included firmware is not compatible with earlier versions. If you can list the mods which you wish to revert back to stock I can advise accordingly.
Cheers Alex. I actually realised I still have version 15.7.4 on my old MBP over bootcamp. Is there any way to use that do you think? It tells me it's out of date..
Unfortunately there are about 40 or so adaptations (it's the rear LED cluster US vs European we worked on last year and swapped admaps etc.), so I'd rather not bother you again with all that!

Cheers Alex. I actually realised I still have version 15.7.4 on my old MBP over bootcamp. Is there any way to use that do you think? It tells me it's out of date..
Unfortunately there are about 40 or so adaptations (it's the rear LED cluster US vs European we worked on last year and swapped admaps etc.), so I'd rather not bother you again with all that!
:)

v16 updated the cable for MQB and MLB compatibility and I believe the changes made mean that it will not work with anything older that 16. You could try but I doubt it will work.

Oh yer, I remember :) Did I talk you through generating an adaptation map in order to back up your settings before starting any works? If yes then you could fire that over and I could translate it in to v16 VCDS speak.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Carista are finally in beta testing for customization for the S3 8V.

Finally a workable iPhone option.

I have a Carista dongle arriving today - app already downloaded to iphone so will have a play. I guess the hope is that it's gets close to OBD11 level of functionality.

Reactions: pburv
Are you on the beta ?

The current release does nothing for the S3 in terms of coding

Edit - you don't actually have to get the Carista dongle specifically. My cheap eBay version works fine with the app

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Are you on the beta ?

The current release does nothing for the S3 in terms of coding

Edit - you don't actually have to get the Carista dongle siecifically. My cheap eBay version works fine with the app

App version says 3.1.1 - how do I get the beta ? Cheers ;o)

Contact them via their FB page

They will send you an invite

They haven't done much as far as coding goes but I guess they are more restricted with the iOS environment

From one of their posts

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the confusion. We wanted to make our pricing simple, so it's $9.99 for a week for unlimited access to all of our functionality, for all models that we support. The pricing is not vehicle-specific or feature-specific. The case of the new A3/S3 is only temporary, as we are working on adding customizations for those cars as we speak. In fact, during our beta-testing for those models, we can give you free access to all features if you're willing to help test them out. Please write to support@caristaapp.com if you're interested. Thanks.

so been trying a few things with my FL S3.

Alarm beeps. ok
Seatbelt chime. ok

Stop DRLs dimming. I read default is 30 mine is 127??
Rear indicators do the fancy sweep fronts just flash can these be enabled to sweep
Rear parking display fail. I have rear sensors

I see lots of coding is not enabled I guess its too new?

so been trying a few things with my FL S3.

Alarm beeps. ok
Seatbelt chime. ok

Stop DRLs dimming. I read default is 30 mine is 127??
Rear indicators do the fancy sweep fronts just flash can these be enabled to sweep
Rear parking display fail. I have rear sensors

I see lots of coding is not enabled I guess its too new?
  • Stop DRLs dimming. I read default is 30 mine is 127?? - What Headlights do you have and on what condition are you trying to stop the "dimming"?
  • Rear indicators do the fancy sweep fronts just flash can these be enabled to sweep - Only possible if you have Matrix Headlights.
  • Rear parking display fail. I have rear sensors - I have tested this with the 3 applications I use and activation failed each time. More testing is needed.

Hi All,
I've got an MY 15 S3 8v. Just did the alternating indicator with VCDS 15.7.1. It didn't work correctly so returned the value to factory now the left indicator only the outer part works. The right hand side is fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi All,
I've got an MY 15 S3 8v. Just did the alternating indicator with VCDS 15.7.1. It didn't work correctly so returned the value to factory now the left indicator only the outer part works. The right hand side is fine. Any ideas how to fix this?
Which settings did you use to make the change? To revert back, double check your change log to see what settings you changed:

Local Disk > Ross-Tech > VCDS > Debug > ChangeLog.CSV

I want this, but at the moment with the latest VCDS version, the ACC module is still locked, asking for the security code. I'm sure RT will find it out soon.
Active Cruise Control? Don't you need the hardware too?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Which settings did you use to make the change? To revert back, double check your change log to see what settings you changed:

Local Disk > Ross-Tech > VCDS > Debug > ChangeLog.CSV

Hi DJAlix,

I followed the instructions in the attached image.
Im really quite worried now and not sure if it can be fixed. It is just strange that the Left side work fine.

I have since reinstalled the software thinking it was an issue with that not communicating with the car so am now unable to obtain the log...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 14.33.43.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 14.33.43.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 180
Hi DJAlix,

I followed the instructions in the attached image.
Im really quite worried now and not sure if it can be fixed. It is just strange that the Left side work fine.

I have since reinstalled the software thinking it was an issue with that not communicating with the car so am now unable to obtain the log...
Can you post up how your Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK and Leuchte17TFL channels are currently set up please. Also do you have a Euro or RoW spec car?

Can you post up how your Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK and Leuchte17TFL channels are currently set up please. Also do you have a Euro or RoW spec car?

Will see if i can get this tomorrow currently 2.40am. Live in Australia.

• Stop DRLs dimming. I read default is 30 mine is 127?? - What Headlights do you have and on what condition are you trying to stop the "dimming"?
  • Rear indicators do the fancy sweep fronts just flash can these be enabled to sweep - Only possible if you have Matrix Headlights.
  • Rear parking display fail. I have rear sensors - I have tested this with the 3 applications I use and activation failed each time. More testing is needed.

I want the DRLs to stop dimming when the headlights come on. I have LED headlights although not Matrix. I followed your guide but says 127 not 30 as stated in your guide.

That's a pest re the indictor sweep. looks cool.

I want the DRLs to stop dimming when the headlights come on. I have LED headlights although not Matrix. I followed your guide but says 127 not 30 as stated in your guide.

Facelift or pre-facelift ? Mine is set up to do this :-

Sounds like something has changed in the FL cars then. I would need to see an adaptation map of 09 in order to what out whats going on.

Anybody with the LED headlights been able to enable coming/leaving home lights to work when light and not just when lights would be on with auto in darkness

Has anyone changed (upped) the threshold for the LED All Weather Driving Lights disengaging?

They switch off at 70mph (72mph on cruise).

Reactions: Aoon_M
Hello, someone have tried to connect a Facelift with OBDEleven? I just received two days ago and I can't see the coding on the Module 09, all appears with 0000000...

Someone with the same problem?

Regards,
Mike.

Does anyone know what I need to change in VCDS to activate the door mirror dimming ? - my powerfold motor is noisy so I've bought a mirror chassis to replace it that has this function and electrical connectors so might as well buy the glass and try to get this working. Thanks !!

Reactions: glospete