8V VCDS Mods

Question, got my car back from the dealer as they reset the car back to factory specs, however my seat warmers don't seem to be working (also wondering if my washers and rear mirrors are warning up as well, just can't test eighty now as the weather been hot). Is there this option in vcd? I suspect they did not enable when they did the reset.

Question, got my car back from the dealer as they reset the car back to factory specs, however my seat warmers don't seem to be working (also wondering if my washers and rear mirrors are warning up as well, just can't test eighty now as the weather been hot). Is there this option in vcd? I suspect they did not enable when they did the reset.
These are configurable via VCDS. Will dig up the information later as I am out and about at the moment. Personally I would throw the car back at the dealers as they perform a reset by reflashing the cars software from the factory database, so your factory options should be working...

These are configurable via VCDS. Will dig up the information later as I am out and about at the moment. Personally I would throw the car back at the dealers as they perform a reset by reflashing the cars software from the factory database, so your factory options should be working...

I've had a world of issues with the all the dealers in my area screwing up my car. Doing this myself will prevent me from having additional headaches and calls with Audi of America again. But thank you for looking them up as it will be a quick fix on my end instead of them keeping my car for a month last time...

Reactions: DJAlix
I've had a world of issues with the all the dealers in my area screwing up my car. Doing this myself will prevent me from having additional headaches and calls with Audi of America again. But thank you for looking them up as it will be a quick fix on my end instead of them keeping my car for a month last time...
Damn :(

Will be home soon so will post up what I find.

Reactions: rcnacura
Sorry it took so long :( Here is what I have found that I believe is related:

Heated Seats
  • 09 - Cent Elect > Long Coding > Byte 3 > Bit 2-4 = 04 Front Seat Heating Installed
Related Adaptations (with German to English Translations):
  • Seat heating level 1 lower threshold (1)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 1 upper threshold (2)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 2 lower threshold (3)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 2 upper threshold (4)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 3 lower threshold (5)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 3 upper threshold (6)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 4 lower threshold (7)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 4 upper threshold (8)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 5 lower threshold (9)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 5 upper threshold (10)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 6 lower threshold (11)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 untere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heating level 6 upper threshold (12)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 obere Schaltschwelle
  • Seat heater filter constant heat flow (13)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Filterkonstante fuer Waermefluss
  • Seat heating control temperature correction for heat flux (14)-Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Regeltemperaturkorrektur bei Waermefluss
Heated Washer Jets
  • 09 - Cent Elect > Long Coding > Byte 13 > Bit 4 = Active (Heated Front Washer Jets Installed)
Heated Wing Mirrors
  • 42 - Door Elect Driver > Bit 0 = Inactive (Heated Mirrors NOT installed)
  • 52 - Door Elect Pass > Bit 0 = Inactive (Heated Mirrors NOT installed)

Reactions: Rob2k68
You are the best DJAlix! Thank you so much for the information, going to go try this out right now.

bit disappointed that the alarm chirp doesn't work on my new s3 :(

i enabled both and the mmi menu item but even the menu didn't show up? do you need to reboot the mmi to make it active? if so how?

Thanks in advance

Andy..

i enabled both and the mmi menu item but even the menu didn't show up? do you need to reboot the mmi to make it active? if so how?

Thanks in advance

Andy..
Did you set the MMI menu option (Tone when locking) to on?

it didn't appear in my menu.. :( and i defiantly chose the right german worded option .. i cut and pasted it from this thread when i was doing it.

it didn't appear in my menu.. :( and i defiantly chose the right german worded option .. i cut and pasted it from this thread when i was doing it.
2015 or 2016 car?
VCDS Version? if v15.x update to the current Beta v16.x as it has better support for UDS and our cars.

To double check are these the adaptations you changed?
  • (2) - Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Verriegeln = Active
  • (1) - Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen = Active
  • (7) - Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung = Active
If yes then I would:
  1. Ignition in position 1
  2. Make sure the MMI is not in CAR mode
  3. Un-code (7) to remove the menu configuration via VCDS
  4. Three finger reset the MMI
  5. Once MMI is back up turn off ignition and remove the key for 5 mins
  6. Doors closed but not locked and windows closed
  7. Ignition in position 1
  8. Make sure the MMI is not in CAR Mode
  9. Recode the menu via VCDS
  10. Three finger reset the MMI
  11. Once MMI is back up check to see if the menu has popped
  12. Activate Tone When Locking Option via MMI Menu
  13. Shut down VCDS, exit car and test
I know people have reported issues with 2015 cars not working but I have not experienced this myself and this is the process I follow. Not had any reports of issues with 2016 cars as yet and not worked on any so far. Let us know how you get on...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and zippster
Found out from RT that I need to use hex net unit on my S3 as some of the options are not available otherwise (2016 model).

RT added an announcement back in April on this issue

Sad because there is no local AU supplier for hex net and shipping cost is $70

Makes the 10 vin unit beyond my reach for now

Found out from RT that I need to use hex net unit on my S3 as some of the options are not available otherwise (2016 model).

RT added an announcement back in April on this issue

Sad because there is no local AU supplier for hex net and shipping cost is $70

Makes the 10 vin unit beyond my reach for now
I remember talk of limitations in relation to the new A4 platform but don't remember seeing any other notes. Got a link?

As of April 15, 2016, we have learned that some 2016 and newer MQB based models may contain certain modules which are not accessible with the HEX-USB+CAN.

For 2016 and newer, our recommendation is the HEX-NET.

I got a reply back specifically on my car that I would need the hex-net unit

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html
Cheers, missed that somehow. To be honest the way it reads seems to suggest that the incompatibility is control module based and not "options" related, i.e. the interface cannot connect to some modules let alone the options within them. The way I see it is that if you can connect then a modules options should be compatible unless you do not have the required / related hardware within the car. Using the above "acoustic alarm" mod as an example... the module supports the feature as the adaptation channel is there but it might be that Audi are now supplying different alarm systems which do not support the command. Anyway... seems it's time to upgrade to HEX-NET :(

I wonder if VCP will have / has these issues...

Reactions: WarwickL
Thanks Dlalix, ill give it a go tomorrow..

appreciate your help.
Just had a thought, check that the following is set to not active:
  • (9)-Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn
If this is set to active then the car will try to use the horn for the sound which does not work / is not supported and results in silence.

2015 or 2016 car?
VCDS Version? if v15.x update to the current Beta v16.x as it has better support for UDS and our cars.

To double check are these the adaptations you changed?
  • (2) - Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Verriegeln = Active
  • (1) - Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen = Active
  • (7) - Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung = Active
If yes then I would:
  1. Ignition in position 1
  2. Make sure the MMI is not in CAR mode
  3. Un-code (7) to remove the menu configuration via VCDS
  4. Three finger reset the MMI
  5. Once MMI is back up turn off ignition and remove the key for 5 mins
  6. Doors closed but not locked and windows closed
  7. Ignition in position 1
  8. Make sure the MMI is not in CAR Mode
  9. Recode the menu via VCDS
  10. Three finger reset the MMI
  11. Once MMI is back up check to see if the menu has popped
  12. Activate Tone When Locking Option via MMI Menu
  13. Shut down VCDS, exit car and test
I know people have reported issues with 2015 cars not working but I have not experienced this myself and this is the process I follow. Not had any reports of issues with 2016 cars as yet and not worked on any so far. Let us know how you get on...
Got it all working! All but the seats were enabled. Thank you again fort the information. Been using this OBDeleven and many more thing are translated and really nice it's all available on my phone!

Reactions: WarwickL, DJAlix and Rob2k68
Got it all working! All but the seats were enabled. Thank you again fort the information. Been using this OBDeleven and many more thing are translated and really nice it's all available on my phone!
Am hearing a lot about OBDeleven Pro. If it can run within a virtual machine I might order it.

Thinking of getting one too even tho I only have an iPhone you can get an android tablet rediculouy cheap now.

Thinking of getting one too even tho I only have an iPhone you can get an android tablet rediculouy cheap now.
Just installed Android on one of my Macs. If this does not work then running developer Chrome OS is an option also it seems. Really don't fancy adding another non iOS tablet to my collection.

Screen Shot 2016 05 22 at 113859

Just installed Android on one of my Macs. If this does not work then running developer Chrome OS is an option also it seems. Really don't fancy adding another non iOS tablet to my collection.

View attachment 91881

Everything on one device would be nice I totally agree. Think it's something to do with the bletooth protocols why OBDeleven does not like iOS devices. Was thinking I could get the tablet for my lad then occosinally borrow it LoL!

The tablet will need an active internet connection, so either a sim or use a hotspot.

iOS now allow low level bt so OBDEleven could make it work but said they won't.

IOS to OBD connection via wifi is fast and commonly used but harder for OBD11 to code

Which is it that does VIM OBDeleven Pro or the non pro version ?

Thanks in advance

Andy..

does your car have alarm?
chirp will not work otherwise

Thanks DJAlix sorted.. i think the 3 finger reset did the job and also realising that the option is within the central locking menu of the mmi :):):):)

all sorted and chirping away now...

Appriciated..

also the comment about does my car have an alarm?? surely they are all supplied with alarms??

Thanks DJAlix sorted.. i think the 3 finger reset did the job and also realising that the option is within the central locking menu of the mmi :):):):)

all sorted and chirping away now...

Appriciated..

also the comment about does my car have an alarm?? surely they are all supplied with alarms??
Good stuff! :)

Some markets don't supply an alarm as standard.

Last edited:
If you can get the Bluetooth working in the virtual box, you shouldn't have any issues trying to use OBDeleven. Pro users getting all access to adaptations and coding however free users only get to use the presets and must buy credits to unlock. It's pretty interesting because VIM unlock is available with 100 credits. Downloading apps on your phone get you additional credit as well as each day I think they give you a credit.

The tablet will need an active internet connection, so either a sim or use a hotspot.

iOS now allow low level bt so OBDEleven could make it work but said they won't.

IOS to OBD connection via wifi is fast and commonly used but harder for OBD11 to code
Not sure I would be happy with needing an active connection back to a server in order to use the app. Getting cut off while performing some functions might not be good, unless it just needs a connection to perform authentication of some type.

Edit: The more I read about this app the more I am not liking the idea and the Pro version still requires the use of credits:

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/7/faq-application-usage

It doesn't require active internet connection if you are using the adaptation and coding section if the pro version.

Only the free version requires internet because it needs to deal with the credits which aren't needed for the pro side

It doesn't require active internet connection if you are using the adaptation and coding section if the pro version.

Only the free version requires internet because it needs to deal with the credits which aren't needed for the pro side

Interesting as couple of local users on pro said they did for coding

Interesting also that hex-net also requires active external connection (cloud servers) for coding

Is there anyone in the Wiltshire area that has vcds and would activate some things for me?

Interesting as couple of local users on pro said they did for coding

Interesting also that hex-net also requires active external connection (cloud servers) for coding
The Hex-Net product is a different product to ODBeleven in that it does not use apps / one-click functions. I don't know enough about ODBeleven really but if a one-click function, which is basically a script of adaptations and or codings, needs a live connection to run and the connection drops... this sounds like it would cause an issue, unless the script is downloaded to your device and run locally and then removed once completed. I would not feel comfortable with "remote coding" VIM on 5F thats for sure.

Yep looks like Hex Net includes VCDS Mobile although in Beta I believe.

despite searching google and many forums, im failing to adjust the steering weight - i can change the adaptation channel but it defaults back to 100% after a restart - there was a link regarding changing it (i think it was a ADS retrofit post) but the link is dead now

anyone know how to permanently increase the steering weight on the 8V?
thanks