8V VCDS Mods

I think it's a smart move that it dims as it also highlights the change.

I was one car behind a near coming together with a Porsche about 2 years ago and fair play to the person in front of me as even I could hardly see it's indicator because of the bright DRL.

John.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Helifella
If you have full LED headlights you won't have the problem of dimming on indication, it does one better.

There, that's the only reason I spent all that money on my LED headlights! ;)

Reactions: RYuill and Lewbo
Yes but I think mine has a fault. Last evening I asked my wife to check if the indicator was working and she said yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't .....:D

Reactions: Nick Sutton, RS3 S., Ceho and 2 others
I have sent a PM to NHN asking him to quote for supply of a VCDS system. Is he still on the Forum as he hasn't replied. I thought he was a Forum Sponsor but doesn't appear to want to sell anything? Any ideas?

Yes it is clever how it changes from white to yellow when indicating.

It's reasonably neat (though I'm not a fan myself, not visible enough for me)... but clever? It's just a different bunch of LEDs that come on!

We supply genuine VCDS cable and are also a sponsor on the forum...

VCDS Cable - Diagnostic Tool

I imagine NHN is on holiday or quite busy at the moment but we're happy to help :D

We like to look after the members of ASN on our kit and retrofits so send me a PM and I'll let you know what we can do :)

I found the menu to cancel the gong after 15 seconds. and maybe even the menu do desactivate the desactivation of the lane assist if you release the wheel.

Asked my dealer which is a friend for the security code but he doesn't seem to know how to get it

Now a few more modules have been unlocked... can you let me know where you found this setting? It'd be great to have a look.

Did my first mods yesterday... rear DRLs (though there are 2 ways of doing this and I think the other might be better so will change it over next time), needle sweep and turning off seatbelt warning (I ONLY use this on a private airfield where I drive at about 20mph on an open field!)

I'm also going to activate the menu for the acoustic lock and turn that on to see what it's like... at least if I activate the menu I can decide to turn it off again if I don't like it!

For some reason, you can have an acoustic lock menu, but not an acoustic unlock menu!

Yeh - though I don't really need to know when my car has unlocked, I can tell because I'm able to get in it!

Reactions: JohnM100 and veeeight
The dipping mirror sounds handy will have a look if anyone is about to do in Hull.

is there an option to show the climate controls on the mmi when you adjust them like on the Golf through vcds? Quite Handy when driving.

Did my first mods yesterday... rear DRLs (though there are 2 ways of doing this and I think the other might be better so will change it over next time), needle sweep and turning off seatbelt warning (I ONLY use this on a private airfield where I drive at about 20mph on an open field!)

Hi could you post what you did to get rear DLR's?

Reactions: Helifella
I followed the instructions on http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v/tagfahrlicht-mit-rueckleuchten.php (the top set). I want to undo it and follow the bottom set instead though - currently the 'side lights' indicator lights up permanently on the headlight switch (using the top method) as I believe the setting is 'permanent side lights' or something like that. Though it's not quite accurate to say that, as when the side lights (or parking lights as it says in that article) are on normally, the front DRLs dim, but they don't when you do this (though still do when you actually select parking lights).

The bottom method is lengthier but involves not having the parking light indicator come on all the time - only when the parking lights (or headlights) are ACTUALLY on.

A question from a newbie who has just bought a VCDS system from Advanced Car Technologies (great service and price by the way!).

I want to activate a couple of features on my A3 1.4TFSI (NOT an S3) and they are:

1. Needle Sweep
2. Oil Temperature Display in DIS

I assume that 1. is fine (as the S3 has it already) but as the A3 doesn't have any display of oil temperature is it possible to activate this? What I've read is that it appears under Lap Timer but of course the A3 doesn't have this. Slightly confused!

1. You need to buy a S3 for that
2. Check the thread of VCDS mods for list of everything you can do with the codes

If that's true re the Oil temp display how comes it shows in this photo (which of course is not an S3 because it has a water temp gauge :confused:

Audi A3 8V Kombiinstrument FIS Schalttafel Laptimer ltemperaturanzeige

Thanks for that Phil - I was surprised by Challinor's reply so you have put my mind at rest.

Yeh I considered turning on the lap timer. Might be useful for some things other than timing laps... can't think of any examples though!

Reactions: Phil-1
Can the s3 have the oil temp displayed on all DIS screens. It annoys me that it only on the lap timer. If it's possible is there anyone near me that wouldn't mind doing it for a drink.

Anyone know how to get around the reams of German script in VCDS namely in the 8V channel adaptions list???

Once we can get this sorted we can enable far more things on the 8V's.

Who needs Needle sweep when you can have Bit 0 enabled to impress your passenger.....

Ejection Seat

Reactions: J6YAK and monopole
he means the VCDS software window, it doesn't use a browser window as far as I'm asware

but copy/paste may be an option to word applications that translate? I'll have to try the next time I use it