Silicon Inlet Pipe questions?

Rallyman

LPG Abuser & have VAGCOM
Reaction score
Is there a silicon inlet pipe for the 1.8 QTS engine code AJL available? Who and where from?
My turbo says: K03 - 002, I take it that this isnt the S variety?
Does someone have a standard one spare?

Many Thanks

Michael

not strictly true, dv location is different on post 98 cars and the ebay chinese hose kits are for the early ones so i had to relocate mine when i fitted my set
but i paid less for 'samco' logo'd complete silicon set than forge want for an inlet pipe

Is there a silicon inlet pipe for the 1.8 QTS engine code AJL available? Who and where from?
My turbo says: K03 - 002, I take it that this isnt the S variety?
Does someone have a standard one spare?

Many Thanks

Michael

how much of a rush you in as i've got a standard one on mine which is only 3 months old but i'm changing to a silicone one when i change the turbo in a few weeks so you can have my old one for £10, it's on a 2000 plate ajl

Thanks Jamie,
Drop me a PM when you are ready to remove it, where are you based? Im might have a lookey at getting a silicon one, but I dunno how much that will be?
At the autosport shown forge said they didnt have one for the AJL!!! niether did Samco.....
It could be a K03-005 I was looking at it in a mirror :p
What is the next one up?

live in dartford, kent, i've just ordered one of those chinese one's from ebay cost £49 inc postage, so i'll let you know what it fits like

Here's the one I bought for my AJL and it looks no different to the others.
21052007.jpg

Autobahn88e.jpg

Autobahn88f.jpg

And heres one which says Samco for £50 all in.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-1-8T-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a04362c17

200912291144684506.jpg

ooooooooooh suit you sir......ohhhhhh
How much did you get stung for the carrage and import duties?
MMmm im liking!
:)

pre 98 ish the dv fits into tip with a hose connecting to lower pipe , post 98 dv is fitted into lower pipe, there was no way to get the dv into hole on the nuts 'samco' hose kit so you need to locate it in tip and add a small hose connector to join lower pipe and hose (which the autobahn kit looks like it comes with)

thats if you fit the complete kit

doc why is the hole blanked off on yours

******... that's where I went wrong. I 'modified' the lower IC pipe to take the DV - should have put it in the TIP then... ****! lol

Well, without 'modifying' the internal size of the hole on the lower IC pipe... there's no way of fitting it in!

pre 98 ish the dv fits into tip with a hose connecting to lower pipe , post 98 dv is fitted into lower pipe, there was no way to get the dv into hole on the nuts 'samco' hose kit so you need to locate it in tip and add a small hose connector to join lower pipe and hose (which the autobahn kit looks like it comes with)

thats if you fit the complete kit

doc why is the hole blanked off on yours

I ran a DV/BOV on the cold side so I blanked of the pipes I did not need.

its only if you buy and fit the ic hose kit aswell that you need to relocate dv