Headlights

• Thread starter imported_apcourtenay
  • Start date
I

imported_apcourtenay

Hi now my passenger-side headlight bulb has gone, how much is it to replace and are they easy to fit?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you have just the H7(non xenon) the price is anywhere from $9-$50, but if you have d2s (xenon) the price is a little higher, $80+. And to install takes about 1 min with either type of bulb. You shouldnt need pictures but if you do i can take some

thanks for your help, i have the non xenon lights, is it possible to replace the bulbs myself? also are there individual bulbs one for sidelight and one for headlights, because if so both have gone!

bulbs are normally easy to replace- just clip out and in, with headlight bulbs just make sure you don't touch the glass part.

cost depends on how much your willing to pay- eg for my new headlights ive been to local motor factors and got standard bulbs couple of quid each.

Later if I dont get xenons then ill buy better quality eg philips/osram for £20 ish (see the powerbulbs site etc). Any decent shop will tell you the size you need or go to europarts website enter your vehicle details and click on bulbs.

If both gone together you may want to check the fuse as it seems unusual for both to go at the sametime...

if you have the money i really recommend getting HID's beacuse they will last easily 3x longer than the H7 halogens. But if you are just looking for bulbs i say buy them as a pair so you have your headlights matching. Just check out ebay for some good deals. If you ahve the H7 for the fogs, you should get some eurodezign 6k bulbs for both headlights and fogs.

just had a look at the car, the headlight, sidelight, infact all the white lights on the passenger side of the car don't work. could this be a faulty fuse because i had a look in the handbook and it for that 3 fuses would have gone, but it also seems strange that all the 3 bulbs to go at the same time too

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

phew it was the light not connected after the garage replaced the cambelt!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

just noticed your from hertfordshire too, where abouts?