A6 AVANT 1.9TD.COOLING SYSTEM

sjfedex

Reaction score
Hi All,
Is there a bleed screw in the cooling system on my A6 Avant 1.9TDi..Engine Code AJM..?????
rgds
Steve

hi mate the way to bleed this system is by pulling one of the heater hoses that go through the bulk head to the heater matrix you will see a small hole in the top of one of the pipes loosen the spring clip and pull this pipe off the stub until the hole is exposed with the engine ticking over you should see water and air bubbles escaping from this hole when the air bubbles stop and the coolant is running free of air loosen the clip push the pipe back on all the way and release the clip job done just remember there is no need to remove the pipe completely only pull it until the bleed hole is exposed

Hi ,Ran the car for half hour..Temp gauge never moved..went on run,temp went to 90degrees..Expansion tank level was normal...Went out 6hrs later..warning light low water came on as soon as i started up...topped up with about 2 mugs of water..Went on run..temp upto 90 again..On return checked water level dropped about 1inch,hoses rock hard..opened expansion tank to release pressure..level came back to normal..Any ideas,before i splash out for a water pump etc...Air Lock??Blockage??
rgds:tocktock:

hi mate if your water pump was the problem your car would over heat as there would be no circulation it sounds like you have had an air lock which is working its way out hence the coolant level droping this is only air being replaced with coolant as regards the hoses being hard they are supposed to be as it is a preasurised system the fact the temp gauge never moved on tick over does not surprise me as diesel engines run a lot cooler than petrol a diesel left to tick over in this weather wil take forever to warm up and also remember that your temp gauge does not start to register until 60 centigrade personally i would just keep topping up as required until all the air is purged out of the system or you could try bleeding it as i said above hope this helps