Coming home/leaving home lights

S3-Andy

Reaction score
My car has the above fitted the front fogs come on when u unlock the car or turn off ignition for a specified amount of time, these are handy in the dark and light up my drive and garden, lately they have started to work intermitently would be nice if they worked as they should, i am guessing this is a mod?? does anyone know anything about it as i would like to get it sorted
thanks

I want that !!!! does anyone know how to do this?

if its an 8l s3 does it have the std alarm or is it an aftermarket one fitted

8L didnt have this option so someone's added this as a mod, probably a timer run inline with the ignition & locking systems via relays, afaik there's no vagcom coding for this, but happy to be proven wrong.

I would check what fuse the interior lights are on & see what the fogs are on as extra current could blow the fuse, best option is a relay circuit of the interior lights to trigger a seperate circuit to the fogs, that would protect the interior fuse etc as I'm betting its not just for the lights, so dont wanna knock out other things.

Yes it is an 8L S3 the car had this mod when i bought it, i have no idea how this is wired up or how it works, i think ill have to investigate see if i can see how its been done, the annoying thing is its just working when it wants, id rather it worked all the time or not at all!! Interior lights and everything else seem to be working fine and fogs work on there own. Ill see if i can work out how its been done at the weekend and post something up.

I'm guessing it would have some sort of relay wire upto the battery for them to work with the car off, but the circuit must have got wet/damp.

My boot light works when it wants!

I can't see the point in the hassle of installing this mod, but its good that you already have it. My previous car had it...Now i use my phone!

somebody did this.....search by all means, im sure infact positive somebody made a system for their car....was a pain in the *** IIRC

I'm guessing it would have some sort of relay wire upto the battery for them to work with the car off, but the circuit must have got wet/damp.

Dont know if this could be related or not but my drivers foot well is soaking wet, suspect the scuttle? All these little jobs are starting to mount up!!