Loud whining noise on startup

khanna0503

Reaction score
hi there,

I got audu a4 quattro (petrol)

On Cold start up, get really loud whining noise which goes away after about 1 min or so. Sound like aeroplane :)

Any idea on what could be problem.

It seems to come from the left side of the car underneath, when facing car , but can't be 100% sure it's defo from there.

I would be grateful for any diagnosis

yeah i had that, still have actualy and many other people have had that rubbing noise from the front of the engine, i am pretty sure its because of the weather conditions. ive got a 2.0l sport petrol. i would want a definite answer aswell, but i dont think its anytthing major.

hi there,

I got audu a4 quattro (petrol)

On Cold start up, get really loud whining noise which goes away after about 1 min or so. Sound like aeroplane :)

Any idea on what could be problem.

It seems to come from the left side of the car underneath, when facing car , but can't be 100% sure it's defo from there.

I would be grateful for any diagnosis

Does it sound like a Hoover noise???

I think I have this on my car also.

It's like a whining noise. Almost like electricity.

Hey,

Thanks for the link and diagnosis. Sounded pretty scary when it first happened :). Glad to hear it's not a big issue. I am having it serviced next week and will mention it to my mechanic. If the fix is as easy as suggested mate, then I iwll post response on cost and fitting etc. Thanks for everyones input.

On Cold start up, get really loud whining noise..... It seems to come from the left side of the car..... I would be grateful for any diagnosis

Just tell her to walk if she can't keep quiet :haha:

Sorry - I know I'm not really helping, but just couldn't resist:yahoo: