Considering Remap - What Needs Uprating?

I

imported_gek

Hi all,

I'm considering getting a remap on my 01 S3, but as it is still under warranty I was favouring the OBD2 route. My question is, if I do get it done, do any standard components need uprating to take the extra power? I've heard talk of turbo hoses collapsing and it's got me thinking.

Obviously I would rather not have to stick a samco hose under the hood as that just yells "mod" at the dealer if I needed any warranty work doing.

Your guidance is much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think you'l be ok as I think early S3's had this problem with the hoses. It may be worth upgrading the Diverter Valve to cope with the extra power.

Rich.

My dealer has quite hapily honoured my warranty even with my Oettinger remap... Still 18 Months left of it...

For the dealers to honour the warranty then I assume they can't foresee any stock parts failing due to the increased power. Surely they wouldn't replace anything if it could be directly linked to the remap, that would be far too generous and undealerlike.
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I'll go for it then.

Yeah, Do it...

Oettenger provide warranty anyway and will repair/replace anything refused by the dealer...

My dealer loves my car (its pretty special!!!) and it does them credit to have it on the road so they seem to bust a gut on my behalf to do whatever... It's a great advert for AUDI...

Can't lose...

[ QUOTE ]
Wizard said:
Yeah, Do it...

Oettenger provide warranty anyway and will repair/replace anything refused by the dealer...

My dealer loves my car (its pretty special!!!) and it does them credit to have it on the road so they seem to bust a gut on my behalf to do whatever... It's a great advert for AUDI...

Can't lose...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im intrigued by your car, is it a limited editon or something or a special order colour???

Hi Gek

Nothing really needs to be uprated to run the car with the extra power, there was a problem with the early models air intake hoses collapsing but its easy to over come, you can insert a metal sleeve which stops that happening no big issue. The advice i would give you is to check all your hoses to make sure they are properly tighted. paying attension to the small vaccum hoses on the diverter valve, fuel pressure regulator etc, i had probs with them.

With the issue with main dealers and mods i have had no probs with Lomond audi in Glasgow they know i have it chipped and all they have said Is that there is no issue as long as they can diagnosis any probs i have with it.
The wastegate was sticking shortly after i had it chipped and they replaced the turbo and RR it for me, but some are probably better than others.