S3 prices

daveeeeee

Reaction score
been looking at some s3's on the net as im planning on upgrading in the coming months. parkers suggest the guide price for a used 2001 s3 is £5500 for a good one and £3800 for one in poor condition!?! where do they get that from?! they cant be using average price of the web as i cant find anything at that price, nothing decent with less than 100k on it anyway. im looking at spending £5-7k does this sound reasonable or should
i invest some more. i'm just looking for a decent example with under 100k on the clock, i have an a3 quattro atm but want the s3 power now that i can afford the insurance
:rockwoot:

Last edited:
i got my 51 plate s3 for £5800 last July, nice condition 70k on clock, FSH with 18" wheels new tyres the lot. so your budget is more than possible, though looking it seems prices have ever so slightly gone up of late...

Book price and market value are 2 different things, much the same way as what something is worth and what someone is willing to pay - Decide your budget and go and find the best you can within that budget would be my advice regardless of what someone says its worth

i just paid £6500 for Yreg s3 with 57k on the clock, i though that was a bargain as there are some on PH for 10k with that milage

I think the going rate for a decent one with less than 90k on it is upwards of £6.5k

Might consider selling mine in the next few months. I love it though, especially in this weather...Thoiugh the snow can catch out summer tyres!

do yaself a favour....parkers = crap values

your best looking around at what there is out there, it isnt a mainstream car like the focus so your options will be somewhat limited

I'm selling mine pretty soon (been saying this for months), S3 prices seem to be all over the place!

I'm just going to whack it on eBay as a classfied ad and let people make silly offers.

Ive seen one near enough the same as mine with about 10k less on the clock than mine and its about 3k+ more!

Like mentioned, its what people are willing to pay but getting a low miler at a decent price is well worth waiting for :)

Paid £4800 for mine with 120K. Good condition though inside and out, but she did have her problems....

I'm selling mine pretty soon (been saying this for months), S3 prices seem to be all over the place!

I'm just going to whack it on eBay as a classfied ad and let people make silly offers.

I'll give you a tenner? lol :)

I bought one just before xmas so looked around quite a lot, problem is with these cars the condition can vary greatly you can get some right sheds if your not careful. Also its worth getting the add on's if you can get them. Obviously make sure you go for a good test drive and it boosts properly as well, check for cam belt reciepts if he can't produce one budget £300 in straight away.

The one I settled on and bought in the end was a 2002 with 69k on the clock. Cruise, heated seats, alu mirrors, bose, arm rest etc etc... paid £7500. Think this was probably slightly over book but I did want a Dolphin Gray wtih the cream interior so didn't mind paying slightly over. The best site for values is here:

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages/global/valueMyCar/valueMyCarPopup.jsp

This will get you a PX value so you will have to read around it a bit, but its still far more reliable then Parkers, what with being based on Glass's guide. I hope you find it useful!

My cambelt was done by a previous owner so i have no receipt but its mentioned in the service book. I think thats a load of rubbish budgeting for the cambelt change if there is no receipt! Yes, it might have just been written in the service book, but then so might the 'Full Service History', thats the risk you take with 2nd hand cars, we've all been there...Its never bitten me though!

mate you thinking of selling the s3 so soon. whats going to be th replacement?

Yeah as long as you are happy to believe the owner, don't forget you can also get a cam belt inspection!

im gonna put the quattro up for sale soon and see what i get then i'll take it from there. there are a couple that are up suspiciously cheap, a couple knocking around for £4000-5000, might check some out you never know could just be a genuine bargain, i'm thinking of taking my laptop with me to any test drives and asking to run a check on vag com, surely theres no reason for them to say no if theres nothing wrong with it :detective2:

unless they suspect you could do something with the car that they dont understand? ;)

im gonna put the quattro up for sale soon and see what i get then i'll take it from there. there are a couple that are up suspiciously cheap, a couple knocking around for £4000-5000, might check some out you never know could just be a genuine bargain, i'm thinking of taking my laptop with me to any test drives and asking to run a check on vag com, surely theres no reason for them to say no if theres nothing wrong with it :detective2:

I did this myself, took my netbook and VAG COM, found a duff Lambda and got the £100 replacement charge removed from the price. Big thumbs up for this...

you throw £6500 ovno in my hand you can have mine 02 with just less than 98k

No idea where that price is from, I have just picked up mine for 7.7, FASH, new tyres, 67k, 51plate with private reg etc.

I wouldn't let anyone couple a laptop to my car. Quite simply it is possible to alter/damage something whilst messing about. If a potential buyer wanted this form of check then i would insist on it being undertaken by a qualified dealer. Nothing wrong buyer pays the cost.
I wouldn't take a refusal to let someone hook up to the diag port as a sign of damage. Neither would I take someones word about having a cambelt fitted without receipts.