Frozen Windscreen Washer Jets!

s-line stu

Reaction score
Has anyone else been experiencing this with the colder weather we're having.

I've topped up the resevoir with neat washer fluid that supposedly works down to -30 but still they are frozen until after about an hour of driving.

It's really annoying as I commute on the motorway and get the salt spray over the screen which just blurrs without any screen wash.

I assume the jets are heated so it must be freezing in the pipes just under the bonnet?

Anyone got any useful tips?

Passenger wiper also misses half the screen when its cold but is fine in normal temperature but I guess I'll have to put up with that - at least it's not the drivers side.

Get to your nearest Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat dealer and get a bottle of there screen wash for fanjets, its 3 quid for a 1 litre bottle, get that neat in your system and you'll have no problems at all

i pulled the feed pipe out of the clips that hold it against the freezing steel bonnet then i wrapped the pipe in foam pipe insulation and taped it up so far it as not frozen since i have done this

I'll have to try this as well, not being able to see isn't fun on a snow covered motorway!

As aback carry a sqweegy bottle of fluid in the car to spray on the screen Takes some practice to do this when on the move and not good at speed on motorways but it will clear the screen and make for safer driving.Best of all have apassenger trained to do this on command then they get the cold wet left arm!Insulating the exposed pipe is a good idea.I used some self adhesive bandage which is weather proof and it has worked so far but its getting colder!