80 Central locking bust

I

imported_scooters

Hi All,
Just registed to this site as I need to pick your brains on the subject of central locking.
Basically I've got a problem on my '94 80 Avant where if I lock the car, the factory alarm is disabled and when I unlock it the alarm is Enabled. - i.e. it seems to be back to front!As you can well imagine this is a bit of a problem. (only way to correct this is to remove fuse 19). I Mangaged to get the wires a bit wet in the boot by the CL vacumn but I have left these to dry for around 3 weeks in the hope that this was the problem but its not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped.

Thanks, the vacumn seems fine.
I think that the problem relates to the fact that when locking the car with a key, it has somehow reversed the action. i.e when you turn the key clockwise in the boot it unlocks the car in stead of locking it. so it has reversed somehow.

anyone heard of this before.

it sounds like the ecu went out of synch, probably when your cl pump got wet, it shorted the wiring and may have sent an incorrect signal to the ecu. Take the car to audi and ask them to reconfigure the alarm to the central locking. this is normally just a matter of plugging in their software.