K03 quattro downpipe and manifold

quattro rob

Reaction score
after looking everywere for a downpipe for a a3 qauttro am going to get a custom 3" job, was wondering if i buy a s3 milltek catback will it fit if i get the downpipe to meet, i know it will not marry up with the k03 downpipe, but if i make the downpipe to join up, surely this will work

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

interesting idea.....

Why will a normal ko3 downpipe not fit? are the downpipes different on FWD and 4wd cars due to the transfer box? I always thought you could fit a standard downpipe/decat onto both the TQ and the FWD models.

not sure was toying with the idea to buy a cheap 100 pound downpipe of bay just to see if it would fit

aaaaaaaaaah, I knew the S3 had twin cats, didn't realise the 4wd A3 had twin cats as well.... makes sense really!

aaaaaaaaaah, I knew the S3 had twin cats, didn't realise the 4wd A3 had twin cats as well.... makes sense really!

Very tight in the tunnel with the prop shaft etc in the way. Twin cats are there to allow for more ground clearance as the prop sorta sits in the middle of them...

<tuffty/>

the 150/180 model are smaller pipes than the s3 one, as well as being different shaped of course (k03s vs k04 respectively)

ok thanks for replys, so if i got the s3 catback milltek and got a custom downpipe will these work thanks

S3 exhaust is not a straight fit on an A3. S3 exhaust is designed to exit the rear of the car where the A3 tailpipes drop down before the rear valence.

You will need to cut a section out of the rear panel and a section out of the bumper (unless you have an S3 rear bumper of course). The hangers will be different too but S3 ones can be bought to fit.

Byzan A4 (Mark) fitted an S3 exhaust to Stacies A3 TQS so might be worth asking him for pointers.

<tuffty/>