A3 or S3 - Advice needed

Matt's in Tideswell

Thanks, about hour and a half from me then. Would be good to check the motor out though!

Got some interesting info. on prices by looking at some lease companies on the web too.

1st company:
A3 Tdi 170 - cheapest
A3 TFSi - about £40 a month more
S3 - about £15 a month more than the TFSi!

2nd company:
A3 Tdi 170 - cheapest
A3 TFSi - about £50 a month more
S3 - same as the TFSi!

Hopefully be able to get some better deals after talking to local Audi dealer and current lease company we use but these are looking promising! :thumbsup:

My wife has a 2.0tfsi sline black edition. Having driven this and also the 2.0tdi and an S3 I would either go 2.0tdi to save money or for the S3 (the only reason she went for the 2.0tfsti is that at the time we ordered Audi were doing low rate finance on the black edition- non S3).

I think the 2.0tfsi overwhelms the fwd a3 chassis- so if you go beyond the 2.0tdi you should get quattro- which is only available on the 2.0tfsi with s-tronic- which is almost as much as a manual S3 which has better residuals and therefore lower monthly lease payments.

My wife has a 2.0tfsi sline black edition. Having driven this and also the 2.0tdi and an S3 I would either go 2.0tdi to save money or for the S3 (the only reason she went for the 2.0tfsti is that at the time we ordered Audi were doing low rate finance on the black edition- non S3).

I think the 2.0tfsi overwhelms the fwd a3 chassis- so if you go beyond the 2.0tdi you should get quattro- which is only available on the 2.0tfsi with s-tronic- which is almost as much as a manual S3 which has better residuals and therefore lower monthly lease payments.

Thanks for the info.

I think it will be down to the Quattro TDi or S3, but S3 being the main choice. I am hoping with the release of the Golf & Scirocco R it will help with prices on the S3. Although I specced up a Golf R against S3 with options I want and surprisingly the Golf R was £3,500 more to buy than S3!

Hi Guys,

I have decided on the S3 and I am due to order it very soon, but I am now looking at service & tyre costs etc against having maintenance on the lease. Roughly how long do tyres last and being quattro do all 4 normally need changing each time? Also what are the general service intervals and service costs? With previous cars I had it has been either every 20k or 12 months, whicever is sooner, but I assume being a high performance car it could be every 10k?
I have maintenance on my current lease but I am not sure if it has been worth it as it costs about £660 per year and I have one service and 2 tyres per year which would have come to about £500 to £550.

Cheers,
Nick