3.2 Exhausts

kool_bouy

Reaction score
Which is the best exhaust for the 3.2. Millitek or neuspeed. Or anyother suggestions.

Milltek I should think, but be aware of quality issues recently, but overall they're the masters, but whether it will make any differences in power to your car is another matter.

Dont expect any noticeable power from either as Nige says and also expect the Milltek to boom !!.
Best thing for the 3.2 is a good back box.

Have you any pics of yours fitted paddy?

Boom??? wat u mean? Has any one got or seen the neuspeed? cos i was reading it has a 3" Pipe where as the millitek has a 2.5". And neuspeed is more expensive hence better????

You can buy resonated/non resonated to choose the level of BOOM, lol.

So you think cause neuspeed is better cause costs more, yeah right, lol, but design also is a thought so even if its minimally larger than milltek, doesnt mean will function better, milltek has proven track record, whereas heard sweet fa about neuspeed exhaust systems tbh, you're choice though.

Be honest pat, have you really noticed any difference in ur 3.2 with the exhaust against previous, also did you use that company in surrey area we were discussing ages ago?

Iggu is that through experience of 3.2 exhausts?

Iggu is that through experience of 3.2 exhausts?

My previous car was a 3.2 A3 - I didn't ever buy an aftermarket exhaust for it but I put the hours into researching it. Just no point unless all you want is a different sound. The only reason to change the exhaust on an S3 is to increase airflow through the turbo giving more power - but on the VR6 in a 3.2 it's not worth spending the money.

Just no point unless all you want is a different sound. The only reason to change the exhaust on an S3 is to increase airflow through the turbo giving more power

At last someone with some common sense, even just to get different sound is pointless tbh, £500+ for a different sound, pleaseeeee, iggu today you're my hero, lol, cause I 100% agree with you, pointless paying out that much money unless it actually is of some benefit, which this wouldnt be IMHO.

Depends how important £500 is I guess..........

Some people might say £500 for just abit more performance.

I take your point tho. I wouldn't unless mine was due replacement.

This is why i said......
Dont expect any noticeable power gain ....Best thing for the 3.2 is a good back box.

My back box was rather crunched after i reversed it into a curb....so i brought a new one but the std Audi system is cat back so you need to cut it to change just the back box.
To realistically notice a gain in power i think you would need 10%...which on a 3.2 is 25bhp and you ain't never going to get that from an exhaust alone in fact once you start messing with back pressures i would not be surprised if you average cheap exhaust loses you power.
A milltech will devalue your car when you sell it as well :yes:

This is my Remus S/S with quality tail pipes
, sorry about the crap picture....crap phone :)
P271109_1456.jpg

Last edited:
This is why i said......
Dont expect any noticeable power gain ....Best thing for the 3.2 is a good back box.

My back box was rather crunched after i reversed it into a curb....so i brought a new one but the std Audi system is cat back so you need to cut it to change just the back box.
To realistically notice a gain in power i think you would need 10%...which on a 3.2 is 25bhp and you ain't never going to get that from an exhaust alone in fact once you start messing with back pressures i would not be surprised if you average cheap exhaust loses you power.
A milltech will devalue your car when you sell it as well :yes:

This is my Remus S/S with quality tail pipes
, sorry about the crap picture....crap phone :)

You'll love the sound of the Remus I'm sure - the sound has changed on mine now it's been on for a while, but gives a nice V6 roar when I boot it :)

Hi Pete
welcome back mate :respekt:

In what way did yours change ? mine seems to vary from day to day but i think its getting quieter !

Hi Pete
welcome back mate :respekt:

In what way did yours change ? mine seems to vary from day to day but i think its getting quieter !

It's good to be back. I've learned my lesson and promise to be a model member now...

I've never had a standard system to compare to as my car had a Milltek when I bought it that was very boomy (even the quieter system).

To start with it was hard to tell I had a performance exhaust when I fitted the Remus! I think this was more down to what was taken off than what went on. I found it's quite a bit louder now it's been on for 8000 miles or so. But still not boomy in the slightest.

Because i have DSG the box keeps changing into 6th at every opportunity so it could well be in 6th at 25-30mph and at that speed its doing about 1200rpm and the whole car vibrates with this box. change up to 5th and its fine again. I need to check the rubber mounts i think

Because i have DSG the box keeps changing into 6th at every opportunity so it could well be in 6th at 25-30mph and at that speed its doing about 1200rpm and the whole car vibrates with this box. change up to 5th and its fine again. I need to check the rubber mounts i think

Yeah mine's a DSG also, and it does love to change gear very early given half a chance. I've never experienced any vibration at all, so definitely worth checking the mounts, as I can't see you should have any problems like that?

IMHO:Remus best sound for VR6, then Milltek then Borla. Best exhaust for 3.2 based on quality probably APR. Neuspeed is loud and has too much drone. Purchasing an exhaust for the VR6 is for the sound. I love the sound of a VR6 exhaust stock or modded! Since this is an enthusiasts' website, purchasing an exhaust is a no-brainer because we like to change things. But in the end, it's all about making numero uno happy so buy it and it will put a smile on your face even if you have an empty wallet!

I have to agree tc, no real difference putting an exhaust on for sound as apposed to taking a perfectly good set of wheels off and putting on another set of perfectly good wheels....which lots of people do....

& resell there old ones, resell your exhaust & see what you get, there is a difference imho, but hey its not my money & everyone does as they want, just an opinion at the end of the day.

& resell there old ones, resell your exhaust & see what you get, there is a difference imho, but hey its not my money & everyone does as they want, just an opinion at the end of the day.

I get your point to an extent, but a lot of people would hang onto their old wheels to re-fit when they sell the car.

We had this argument before on another thread... you've spent a lot of time and money on minor mods that other people wouldn't understand or get.

The big benefit the 3.2 has over the S3 is the character and sound of a V6, so I can understand wanting to enhance that.

I get your point to an extent, but a lot of people would hang onto their old wheels to re-fit when they sell the car.

We had this argument before on another thread... you've spent a lot of time and money on minor mods that other people wouldn't understand or get.

The big benefit the 3.2 has over the S3 is the character and sound of a V6, so I can understand wanting to enhance that.

I like to think of it as a heated discussion :lmfao:

What would you call minor mods fella, so far I'd say most of my mods have been fairly major & tbh worthwhile as have added some value to the car & also features have helped me to enjoy the car more, along with better drivability, not gonna go into each one, but you can take my word for it, but I also see your POV & its a fair one aswell, some mods people do dont have any worth like possible the exhaust in discussion imho.

I just dont fall into this sound category, I can see why people would feel it has to be a great engine/car cause it sounds good as such, but I tend to buy a car for many reasons, not for the sound whatsoever.

I bought my S4 B6 which was the 4.2 V8 for number of reasons, 1st, it was a lovely car except power was down imho, it ran as per should of but against the S3 at the time it was not as good mainly I think cause of weight of engine, 2nd I had a contract for while where they paid all my costs of car & allowance, all fuel paid etc, when the contract was up it was outta there, so for me it wasnt a worthless expense as tbh it didnt really cost me much as resale was very good & the TCO was very low when I consider what I did with the car & what I earnt at the time, my point is I didnt buy the V8 cause of the sound, it was mainly for the space given was an avant & nice car overall, the V8 was just what it had in it, didnt inspire me the big growling noise, but overall beautiful car in many ways mostly look & comfort.

In hindsight maybe I should of bought a 3.0 TDI B7 instead, as thats what I've always liked even now, has power & economy.

When did you last see a sports bike go by quietly..??
There you have it Nige. Pete and i are both bikers, its a built in need we have for nice noises that you get from an early age if you get the bike bug , You will have to excuse us our strange ways, we just cant help it :)

To be fair a flashy set of BBS wheels will cost you up to £2k and your std set of S3 wheels might get you £1k....so thats 2 or 3 remus exhausts straight away. As you rightly say..Live as if you were to die tomorrow, you cant take it with you so enjoy it while your here !
Off topic....
Its "FRIDAY"...****** excellent :)

There you have it Nige. Pete and i are both bikers, its a built in need we have for nice noises that you get from an early age if you get the bike bug , You will have to excuse us our strange ways, we just cant help it :)

To be fair a flashy set of BBS wheels will cost you up to £2k and your std set of S3 wheels might get you £1k....so thats 2 or 3 remus exhausts straight away. As you rightly say..Live as if you were to die tomorrow, you cant take it with you so enjoy it while your here !
Off topic....

Damn straight bonny lad, theres nee pockets in a shroud!

Keep telling my folks that, if they dont spend it then I will!

Amen

Cheers
Paul

Off topic....

Fecking AAAA thats what I say, I'm not knocking anyone here so spend away lads as I certainly dont ask anyone if they think its money wasted, lol, no fecking way, my money, do what I want as do you lot, I only tend to spend it on worthwhile things in my head anyway, she might not agree.

Next thing is a Nintendo Wii, lmao, I wanna be Roger Federer, goes to find one now.
Pat I excused you a long time ago :moa: :lmfao: :friends: :beerchug:

Damn straight bonny lad, theres nee pockets in a shroud!

Keep telling my folks that, if they dont spend it then I will!

Yeap I concur, why save when you can spend (less a credit card, just trouble if you ask me)