Decided to boycott ebay!

Dazmo

Reaction score
Ok i have decided to boycott selling items on ebay as their fees are utterly disgusting.

I didnt realise they had put their final value fees up to 10%, ive just sold my xbox 360 for £172.00 and it cost me £17.00 in final value fees, not to mention photos fees, listing fees and eventually paypal fees.

So in total these rob dogging b*****s have charged me almost £25.00 just to sell my xbox.

F*****g Joke.

eh ? My final value fee for a £170 sale was only £6.43

Edit... thats because I did it "bin" so it 9.9% upto 49.99 then 5.9% on anything over up to £500

Still a damn ripoff though.

Last edited:
I feel your pain mate:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=78713

My dad has a load of unused mobile phones laying about so I thought about selling them for him but it's an expensive way to do it. He'd probably get more on Mazuma!

It really isnt worth it at all, where possible i try to get people to pay any other way than paypal as this avoids further fees.

I remember when ebay was cheap(almost free) i also rememeber yahoo auctions which was free until ebay bought them out.

I f****g hate ebay, something needs to be done to stop this juggernaut, i mean how much money is enough?, paypal should be free! or if you use paypal you should get your ebay fees back or something.

The only way to do it is vote with your feet and go elsewhere. Is there another site?

I didnt realise they had put their final value fees up to 10%, ive just sold my xbox 360 for £172.00 and it cost me £17.00 in final value fees, not to mention photos fees, listing fees and eventually paypal fees.

So in total these rob dogging b*****s have charged me almost £25.00 just to sell my xbox.

F*****g Joke.

Haha yeah Ebay used to be fun for buying and selling vinyl but now, no way. I get spammed by them every other day for one thing or another, all these auction offers they send me, balls to the lot of them! :)

Shame you didnt advertise it on here, bet theres a few gamers thinking about getting one now xmas is coming.

The only way to do it is vote with your feet and go elsewhere. Is there another site?

Well, yeah. But how many people actually visit them? Ebay gets most traffic, and thereofre more likely to sell your stuff.

Pretty much got the market monopolised unfortunatly...

Agreed, but all it takes is for a site to start up, do a massive advertising spree to get interest and offer tiny fees and everyone would move.

If I had the money I'd give it a go!

Been seeing adverts for a site called madbid. No idea how good they are though, not been over yet. A quick Google search brings up loads of auction sites but will you manage to sell your items?

Bit of a catch 22

Ok i have decided to boycott selling items on ebay as their fees are utterly disgusting.

F*****g Joke.

Just put a email in there and do it off ebay but still through paypal.

Been seeing adverts for a site called madbid. No idea how good they are though, not been over yet. A quick Google search brings up loads of auction sites but will you manage to sell your items?

Bit of a catch 22

Madbid is something totally different. They sell an item which starts at a tiny price. A person bids to increase the price by a penny and a timer starts, the timer will count down for between about 30 seconds and a few minutes (depending on the item). If no one else bids they get it for that price. If someone outbids them the timer restarts. This keeps going until obviously no one else bids.

The catch? You have to pay to bid using your mobile. It costs £1.50 a bid (or slightly less if you buy in bulk).

Last edited:
I think I might have missed out an important detail there :whistle2:

Fixed it now though ;)