Is this the correct temp sensor?

barters3

Reaction score
Hi, I have a s3 amk and i need to replace the temp sensor can anybody confirm if this is the correct one for my car thanks.
ebay187.jpg

Hi
Yes that looks right
059 919 501A 4 pin green one
The old one tends to be black

I have seen a very very rare couple that are different , but 99.9% are that one
Sarah

Does you temp take ages to go up, as i have this problem, leave the car running and after about 5 mins of running the gauage starts to rise...

Does you temp take ages to go up, as i have this problem, leave the car running and after about 5 mins of running the gauage starts to rise...

ive got this problem, it does warm up but rarely gets to 90. Ive just changed my temp sensor, but no difference. so im 99% sure its the stat which im changing on the weekend, i will report back.

Yeah its my Temp Coolant Sensor.Anyone wanna buy it off me?..brand new!!

ive got this problem, it does warm up but rarely gets to 90. Ive just changed my temp sensor, but no difference. so im 99% sure its the stat which im changing on the weekend, i will report back.

Ohh mine get to 90 and sits there happly but just takes about 5 mins to get there...

Mine takes a fair old while to warm up, about 10 ins of driving, more on a cold day and I've replaced both the stat and the CTS. I guess thats just the way it is with mine.

It does get to 90 though, and before I changed the stat it used to never get there. Change your stat for sure!

It's more likely To be thermostat rather than temp sensor, do a search here, they tend to get stuck with a small gap letting coolant To go around before the engine war
s up