What Colour am I?

dalespitfire

Quattrophenia
Reaction score
And dont say silver!

AETV10923867_2b.jpg

Any ideas of the "proper" Colour........ and would you say that this is a match..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-front...ItemQQimsxq20091028?IMSfp=TL091028198002r9792

- indeed is it even a B6 bonnet?

I've contacted the seller and it never sold. I just thought I might be able to bag a bargain and its cheaper than getting the existing bonnet repainted.

Cheers

Thanks mate.

Yeah, if I'd not been so lazy and done a bot more searching it would have been obvious really.

Its either that or a Cab bonnet.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, if I'd not been so lazy and done a bot more searching it would have been obvious really.

Its either that or a Cab bonnet.

Look under your boot carpet. There should be a paper sticker with what looks like a load of useless numbers. It will have your colour code on the left side slightly above centre. If not call Audi and they will, for example say A7W. Your colour code is this with an 'L' in front of it. LA7W. It should be this for your year anyway.

I'm not a geek by the way, I paint cars for a living...

Look under your boot carpet. There should be a paper sticker with what looks like a load of useless numbers. It will have your colour code on the left side slightly above centre. If not call Audi and they will, for example say A7W. Your colour code is this with an 'L' in front of it. LA7W. It should be this for your year anyway.

I'm not a geek by the way, I paint cars for a living...

Nah thats perfect mate cheers, much appreciated.

I don't have the motor yet - pick it up soon, but bought it knowing it needs some paintwork doing on the bonnet. I was hoping that bonnet would fit but it clearly wont having done some more digging!

Would you say £150 sounds reasonable for a full bonnet respray? Its a local place to me and they have done me quite a few bits before so they usually price up well for me?

Cheers

Nah thats perfect mate cheers, much appreciated.

I don't have the motor yet - pick it up soon, but bought it knowing it needs some paintwork doing on the bonnet. I was hoping that bonnet would fit but it clearly wont having done some more digging!

Would you say £150 sounds reasonable for a full bonnet respray? Its a local place to me and they have done me quite a few bits before so they usually price up well for me?

Cheers

That seems a fair price but most importantly is they do a good job. There's no point getting a cheaper job done if it's crap!

As a rule you get what you pay for with paint work.

Good luck with it all mate

If yo can't find the sticker in the boot or it's been damaged there is an identical one in the front of the service book.

looks identical to mine, not sure what you're on about?? (well up to the B-pillars ;)

sorry, no pics of the same angle (or with a decent lense - most are with my 1.8MP phone!)

no idea on the colour though.... I can dig out the code somewhere if you're really stuck - should in the owners manual....

Last edited: