In-pro chrome mirrors

philsudbury

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought some of these and I can't for the life of me seem to be able to remove the retaining screws from the underside of the existing wing mirror casing, I just seem to be nackering up the head of the screw. Any ideas?

If they are anything like the B5 A4 then you don't need to take them off....

In my case:-

1. prize out the mirror
2. If there are retaining screws inside the mirror housing remove them.
3. If you did 2. the mirrors shoud come off
4. If you didn't do 2. (i.e. there are no screws) then the housings kind of lift up and come off) They are kinda hooked on.

As I say that's the B5 A4

BTW, I tried the screws first.... then I engaged my brain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Cheers for that, will have another look tonight. The instructions do say to remove the screws, but thinking about it - I think they penetrate through the black plastic section of the mirrors!? Hmm......

Rich had some instructions somewhere..........I will have a look to see if I saved them

Cheers for that! Managed to do it last night without removing any screws whatsoever. Just a bit of wiggling and a good pull! It was those hexagon nuts (No 4 in figure A66-0013) which I couldn't get out. New covers seemed to snap back on easy enough.

Anyone had these on their car for any length of time? Just wondering if anyones had any experience of the finish wearing off in any way shape or form?