Suspension lowering on A4?

I

imported_Audi_DavE

After some thought, I do belive its time to start with some modyfying. First thing i want to do really is upgrade the suspension so something a little lower. On the previous car, (corsa //hangs head in shame) I just had some Spaks 40mm lowering springs put on the standard shocks...did the job, but resulted in some "scrubbage" when taking more than myself and a teabag in the car. Obviously I don't want the same thing to be happening with this one. I'm under the impression that a sports suspension kit can be bought from Audi...well im under the impression...! or can i simply just lower the car with some springs like I did the corsa?? The arches look like they could handle the wheeles that are on it now (standard steel 15's with 65's) but what I was also wondering, is how big can I go on the wheel front? visited the local boy racer hut, and he said that i could squezze some 18s with 40's in there, and 255 width??? this estimate any good?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks! DavE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

doing just springs really depends on the miliage of the car if you have over 50,000 i would do shocks and springs because you'll be felling it. the audi sport suspension really won't lower you're car its just stiffer and more "sporty". As far as wheels go 18's are definately doable but 17's will be safer and more competetive. depending on your roads 18's can be nighmares with bending from pot holes.

I have a question too, regarding wheels and suspension.

I have the 17" Audi A4 +02 sport wheels with 235/45/17 tires on them. My car is not the sport model and I'm looking to lower my car with the HR sport springs, however, the tire looks like its close to the control arm. Does anyone know whether it would still be okay to lower or does anyone have the same size tire and still lowered your car?

thanks in advance

yea make sure you go for shocks aswell, mine is lowererd with eibach sportline springs on standard sport shocks and it is balls, it feels hard over tiny bumps and will bottom out on big wallowy ones (know what i mean). i am also running 8x18 inch wheels, no scrubbage possible
you need 225x45 tyres

hi curtis im running 225 45 17 at mo and was thinking of going up 2 18s if the missus let me.. thought with 18s you would run 40s