Ambient Interior Lighting ?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi All i know there are alot of threads on this,

but i have a few question,

i have a abit of time off so fancy having a few bits done to my car, to tidy it up, new plates, rear boot mat as my top up oil bottle leaked :crying: over it,

And have seen this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-Audi-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a3f6dde0

Has any 1 had this fitted?
Or does any have it standard?
How does it look,
Is it on all the time?,or can it be turned on and off?

i have found this fitting guide on google looks simple as we are meant to have the connectors and wiring allready there, just needs 2 holes drilling,

http://capav.com/Audi/Ambient_LED/Audi Interior Ambient Lighting Compatibility.pdf

I thought if this is a optional extra from AUDI why not as it seems cheap enough, any got any views on it good or bad? cheers Oski

Yeh. I've got that mod. It's not that great. Just makes a subtle glow on the centre console, and it's switched with the side lights.

Also £18.99 is way too much. IIRC, I only paid £10 inc p&p last year.

It's a 20 minute job to fit, just have to drill 2 small holes in the centre light panel. All connections are already there to push onto.

Cheers,

I have it , fitted it myself , it's dead easy,,,, as said though it's only really subtle ansd you dont really notice it unless you move your hand to the console to operate the radio or whatever. nice to have though as it's a cheap mod.... i'm considering fitting one in the rear of the car also and i've also got some cheapo red LED's illuminating the front footwells which look good and add to the overall ambient light... it's only on when the lights are on

Yeh. I've got that mod. It's not that great. Just makes a subtle glow on the centre console, and it's switched with the side lights.

Also £18.99 is way too much. IIRC, I only paid £10 inc p&p last year.

It's a 20 minute job to fit, just have to drill 2 small holes in the centre light panel. All connections are already there to push onto.

Cheers,

Hi mate now that you have done it, do you think its worth it? as that to be fair is cheap, so might as well have a go, as it comes on with the sidelights, that means it on all the time when dark yeah? have you any pics with it on? does it gett annoying or anything? thanks mate

I have it , fitted it myself , it's dead easy,,,, as said though it's only really subtle ansd you dont really notice it unless you move your hand to the console to operate the radio or whatever. nice to have though as it's a cheap mod.... i'm considering fitting one in the rear of the car also and i've also got some cheapo red LED's illuminating the front footwells which look good and add to the overall ambient light... it's only on when the lights are on

Thanks mate, going to order it i think, as lest it subtle my main concern was as it seems you cant turn it off that it is annoying or anything, And is it really an optional extra, i think they done lights under the door as an extra, when you open the door they light the ground?,

Hi mate now that you have done it, do you think its worth it? as that to be fair is cheap, so might as well have a go, as it comes on with the sidelights, that means it on all the time when dark yeah? have you any pics with it on? does it gett annoying or anything? thanks mate

:laugh: To be honest, you hardly notice it, it's that subtle. I've just been out and stuck a bit of masking tape over it see before and after, and as 666 said above, you only really notice it when you go to touch the radio etc at night and your hand goes all red. Can't see much difference in pictures.

Cheers,

:laugh: To be honest, you hardly notice it, it's that subtle. I've just been out and stuck a bit of masking tape over it see before and after, and as 666 said above, you only really notice it when you go to touch the radio etc at night and your hand goes all red. Can't see much difference in pictures.

Cheers,

Thanks mate gonna buy it then give me something to do lol,is it like the light/glow you get from below the ashtray in the cuby hole, mine lights up there a red orange type glow,

Last edited: