S3 Prices (modified) - how much?

I think that's fair mate. You've got to remember that its difficult to sell cars when xmas is approaching as most people dont have the cash. Stick with it and something will come along.

It's on / been on Autotrader & Pistonheads ( in the gallery and as a premium ad in the past)

Its not the price, its the demand. Second hand car prices are strong at the moment. But the market for the S3 (and other cars that cost a bit more to run/maintain/insure) is quite small, even more so for modded motors. If you want a quick sale, you'd have to drop the price by a good £500 or more. Or wait longer for the right buyer/enthusiast to come along.

I think your going to struggle at that price, yes it's a good price but like said it's approaching xmas and wih the spec of the car and current climate, the demand for such a car is quite low.

I think fingermouse hit the nail on the head... if you want to sell the car and actually get anything back on the mods, then you are aiing at the pretty hardcore enthusiasts and you'll have a VERY small market to aim at (and very little chance of selling this side of January).

The regular market will be more liquid, but they will treat the mods with suspicion since it's an indication of a car that's been driven hard...

S3 book price for a 2000 (W) with 90k miles is:
Private Good £5,310
Private Poor £3,435

Even a mint car is going to be <£6k, so you've got a LONG drop before you hit that market and a modified car is not normally going to qualify as "mint"...

Unless you need to sell, just assume you won't sell until Jan-Feb - when people start getting their bonuses and then keep plugging away on pistonheads and ASN. Autotrader is good for sheer volume, but the other two will be better for the enthusiasts that you're aiming for.

I have a mate at work who wants to buy an S3 and he plans to go big turbo and aim for 300+ bhp. I advised him to look for a car that has already had the engine work so that he's saving money on getting it done himself. His view was that if an S3 has already had the work done it's probably been thrashed so he's looking for a stock car!!!

These are the type of views you'll get from potential buys. If I could go back and buy my car again I would be looking for one with all the work already done.

i dont want to devalue our cars as think we have lost enough...its positive to people on here is its modified, your probably reducing the mass market interest by well over 60% due to it being modded IMO.... if i wanted a modified car though i wouldnt touch it due the fact that if it did go wrong? i may aswell have paid out for it to be modded myself.... also against is the fact that its not a facelift and sorry to say, not one of the most desired colours..... i personally think you'll struggle

use the fact that a proper sorted MTM facelift went for not much more..... and your looking into silly street - some would even say you've devalued it by modding to the level you have depending on how quickly you wana sell

sorry to be so drastic but that car aint going nowhere unless you get very lucky, demand is starting to slow on the run up to xmas, you'll have a better chance in the January rush

"Body Paint Alloys"

Can someone please explain what the above means exactly ? Looking at the picture posted the alloys look silver/grey like any other standard wheel colour ?

maybe that they have been sprayed in either the body colour or they have used body paint - which alloys have anyway :uhm:

Yer above, just missed out the comma. I also dont think youll sell it very easily. I would only do a bt if i was planning on keeping the car. look at mats a3, i still dont think thats sold. you have got the s3 which will help though.

How about another photo where you can see the whole car instead of chopping off the front of it. It just looks a bit "mong".

bit overpriced at 8k, i know a kid who had a regal autosport gt28 and had it for sale for about a year and a half at 8.5k, he ended up chopping it in with audi in the end for a brand new s3, they gave him silly money for it, bottom book money, the wheels make it look like a a3 also and not a s3!!!! you have got to remember there are loads of BT s3's out there for good money, and there are hundreds of s3's to choose from when someone is looking for one, the best thing you could do is get them alloys of and put the standard s3 alloys on as it looks a bit a3 ish , mat only wants 7k for his audi and that has not sold and he has also had very little interest in it, and that has had a fully forged engine , he has just spent 10k on the engine or so!!!! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=236402

Last edited:
i think the best thing to re coupe some money is strip th bt of it and sell it as a standard car.

hmmmm have you ever fitted a BT kit? i dont think that would be a profitable option for him

wouldnt be worth taking the BT kit of IMO , as a standard s3 of that age is 5k or so!!! my mate bought a 2002 52 reg nogaro blue, with ap racing brakes , tarox 2 piece discs at back, h&r ARB, h&r coilovers, lots of other mods for 6k, the car is immaculate as well,