Central locking a bit dodge

smudge_don

Reaction score
Sometime my central locking from the key fob is a bit dodge

It usually works fine and locks and unlocks straight away, but other times it just wont lock/unlock and i have to use the key

Usually i would think that the battery is on the way out, but then it starts working fine again.

So could it be something to do with the receiver in the car at all?

Anyone else had this problem?

Convenience module, battery in remote, have you got a spare key, if so then try that one & see if its both, then its definitely car related, vagcom would help in these circumstances cause you can test if the cars seeing the remote clicks or not.

Not heard of this one but it might be worth just changing the battery anyway. If it fixes it great, if not then you have a spare battery and you know the fault is somewhere else.

Very true Staz

Nige i don't have a spare key, so i think ill change the battery 1st and see what that does

the convenience module can sometimes get confused & the locking stops working of remote, had it many times on the A3 when doing electrical work & locking/unlocking when I was testing my folding mirror/closure system months back, so had to disconnect the module or battery for car & it came back after a few minutes, seems earlier modules can be a pita at times & vagcom has an issue with the original module in 46 where it loses the long coding tick boxes, then vagcom has to be removed & reinstalled to get them back, but then it goes again after one coding session, still not fixed by RT but will be changing mine for newer anyway so sod them