Remaps in the North West

hazey7

Reaction score
Has anybody used Unit 20 (Wirral) or Designer Wheels (Wirral) for a remap? if so, any feedback? Good service? Good job, etc? I'm keen to get my 2.0T FSI Quattro remapped but need to know whose reputable in this area.

I went to Unit 20 in May, and asked them about an exhaust upgrade and remap. They really didn't seem too interested in my business, said they would get back to me, but never did. I went to Awesome GTI instead. As for Designer Wheels - no experience I'm afraid.
By the way. Awesome GTI were excellent.

Why don't you ask John at DW to see if he can give you a 48hr remap ? Are you from Wirral ? If so .... What area ?

Gentlemen, thanks for the info.

Yes, Wirral is my home turf.

What the **** is a 48hr remap? A trial?!

Its a trial but i've heard of people not getting full power back after it forcing you to go there.:(

Gentlemen, thanks for the info.

Yes, Wirral is my home turf.

What the **** is a 48hr remap? A trial?!

Yes it is a Trial as Mr Black said.

A friend of mine travels around the UK as he has his own remapping company so will travel to you. He's done a member on here and shed loads of VW's.

I'm from Wirral too. If your near me your welcome to pop round if you want and i'll tell you all about the advantages of him over the big companies. PM me your details and I'll give you a ring.

I recommend Pendle Performance (www.pendleperformance.com). I've had my a4 2.0t fsi quattro remapped and went on a 4wd rolling road last week.

It's now throwing out 278bhp (amazing when standard is 198bhp). The best £295 you'll spend.

Tim.

278bhp?!?!?! Jeez. That sounds like a 'performance' remap as opposed to a 'normal' remap.

However, I thought the reason that remaps usually went to approx 250bhp was to maintain the 'drivability' and even improve mpg when not driving hard. I still have a preference for pendle as I'm hearing and reading good things about them. May have to wait til after xmas now anyway. Would appreciate further comments on your mpg and drivability?!

I recommend Pendle Performance (www.pendleperformance.com). I've had my a4 2.0t fsi quattro remapped and went on a 4wd rolling road last week.

It's now throwing out 278bhp (amazing when standard is 198bhp). The best £295 you'll spend.

Tim.

couldnt have got 80 break from remap alone! site even says 40bhp increse..

278bhp?!?!?! Jeez. That sounds like a 'performance' remap as opposed to a 'normal' remap.

However, I thought the reason that remaps usually went to approx 250bhp was to maintain the 'drivability' and even improve mpg when not driving hard. I still have a preference for pendle as I'm hearing and reading good things about them. May have to wait til after xmas now anyway. Would appreciate further comments on your mpg and drivability?!
The car is a dream to drive on small trips, and a delight when you have an opportunity to floor it.

I work 2 miles away from home - but end up having to take a detour every morning and night to enjoy the car.

On a recent holiday - I managed to get 39mpg's on a 100 mile trip to the lake district (however this was really trying)

Just checked my average (2) on the car & it's 24.1mpg's.

The great thing to me is - it looks ordinary, but goes like s**t off a chrome shovel.

Tim.

couldnt have got 80 break from remap alone! site even says 40bhp increse..
What can I say?

I had a 4motion 2.8 v6 Golf before which is 204bhp.

The Audi was pretty much the same on power to that.

It was only the remap, no more!

Performance long life exhaust is the next step to add 35bhp more!

Without wishing to crow/gob off.....my 2.0T Quattro is easy doing 31 mpg, this is mostly commuting 40 miles a day of which 20 miles is motorway. This does sound like a 'high end' remap if your getting 24mpg unless your kicking it everywhere you go!!

I'll add my two pennys worth cos I've had mine remapped by Pendle too.

Very good service and excellent price and like Fireyjack and a few others have testified there's definately more than a 40 bhp increase in my remap. It is quite an aggresive map but thats what I ideally wanted anyway, as soon as the needle hits 3000 revs its off like a shot, what ever gear its in.

I would like to take it to a rolling road session just to see what sort of power its churning out but it feels as quick as my old 225 TT, which had been remapped, BMC CAI, exhaust and intercooler fitted and that was surely 275bhp.

My car still returns good MPG IMO, better than before in fact and I've got a lead foot. My overall MPG is 27.4 at the mo which considering the performance isnt bad in my book. It does do 35 or more on long motorway trips and thats with it sat in the fast lane as well.

Just get it done Hazey, you know you want to......:yes:

Their is a place on the clayhill Ind estate in neston which does remaps. I haven't used them, i am currently about to use a ALIENTECH powergate self tune. Hopefully have it all done later today.

Their is a place on the clayhill Ind estate in neston which does remaps. I haven't used them, i am currently about to use a ALIENTECH powergate self tune. Hopefully have it all done later today.

Isn't that Unit 21 ?

Without wishing to crow/gob off.....my 2.0T Quattro is easy doing 31 mpg, this is mostly commuting 40 miles a day of which 20 miles is motorway. This does sound like a 'high end' remap if your getting 24mpg unless your kicking it everywhere you go!!
Made a typo 29.1mpg (not 24.1mpg) & I do keep my foot down.

Tim.