For any other skiiers out there

That wasn't nice to watch! Especially listening to him panicking. ****** lucky guy tho!

He was very lucky that the other guys with him were so well practiced with there trackers, I've done alot of back country skiing with guides and with out and I wish I was that good with it! under 5 min recovery time is amazing!

Have to say he should of cut to skiers left as soon as the light slide started and checked the pack! cos that slab that he set off was huge!!

So does this make everyone want to by an avalanche beacon?

It sounded more like they found him with their motorolas, the noise I could hear sounded like the call signal from a two-way radio.

http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/view...category=02BDABBE-63D0-46A2-80B7-5CDE81FF8873

His BCA tracker was dangling when he is found and u can hear it bleeping madly! (he may of used both tho) and the only thing i could hear the guy doing was trying to swallow the snow to try and get air! It says in the script that he had an avalung with him also but he didnt have it in his mouth!

Truthfully I can't imagine anything scarier! and makes me think that i need to go on a refeshers course on avalanche safety!

On the other hand! I really can't wait to ski :) even got me new alfit sorted! bright yellow this year :)

Bright yellow!?

I got a Descente one from the US, its light grey and black. Very warm.

Trust me Yellow is tame compared to some of my alfits! I'm thinking about mixing them up with some purple pants!

Decente is good stuff! Ya must of had some deep pockets when u got that! most of me stuff is salomon (as i get it free :happy:) but tech for money its ****** good!

Got any plans for going away this year?

Some of my more lary alfits....... cant help it!

green.jpg

purp.jpg