Fmic Size

tony180

Reaction score
I have had a read through afew thread's and seen afew people running universal intercooler's i am looking to fit 1 very soon and wondered what people's opinions were on this size intercooler.

Dimensions - 550mm x 180mm x 65mm (core size)
- Overall Length 700mm

2.25" (57mm) Inlet And Outlet

my only worry was the width as most seem to be using 300mm wide? these seem good quality pressure tested to 140psi... and able to go upto 450 bhp using this smaller size will it decrease LAG but still give me a good bost over standard?

btw these are made by the DEMON they also sell the TIP for vag engines on ebay has anyone used this particular 1 will the size be ok?

cheers is advance.

Sounds a bit long to me... what are you fitting it too S3 or A3?

FYI, just search this forum for FMIC, there are loads of threads :)

<tuffty/>

Its going to be fitted onto a A3 mate i have had a read through a fair few of the FMIC threads on here but this intercooler seems to be a different size to most used that's the only reason i made the thread.

do you think ill get away with the length?

Difficult to say tbh... all very tight in the front....

Depth and height should be ok by 700mm overfall with 57mm outlets may be an issue. Without measuring or offering it up I couldn't advise mate...

The S3 FMIC is about 620mm overall, 700mm may be too wide.

Boost and lag wise, you prob won't notice any difference in realworld terms. You certainly don't get any more boost from fitting a FMIC...

If you have a MAP sensor in the top of your existing SMIC, you will need to relocate this too...

<tuffty/>

why bnot try the turbo revs, off of ebay, prawn ( also has a a3) said that its identical to his fmic, but is only £200! but it came with 3 ply silicone so he got 4 ply.

cheers for the info i was only asking about this particular 1 as its there last 1 and its up for £80 quid... but i think the overall size is pushing it :S