Wheel refurb options?

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've bagged myself a set of 18" BBS Speedlines that are in desperate need of a major refurb......I did know this when I bought them!
I'm undecided whether to have a go at stripping them and doing the job myself or trusting them to a wheel refurber to do it. I've done plenty of diy painting/body repairs in my time so I'm not put of at the prospect but if anybody has had experience of a "professional" outfit that can do polished lips at a fair price then I'll just get them done.
Other than that my only other decision is what colour to do the centres, I'm not a fan of black wheels tbh so I'd like to either keep them oem or subtly different.

Comments welcome!

Pic of them stood by the side of the car

DSC00346.jpg

And yes I know the grass needs cutting, but wheels are more important:icon_thumright:

What are they, BBS or Speedline?

I know the wheels on my W8 were well over £100 a corner to refurb, as they take a long time to strip down, and have the polished lip, so likely to be quite expensive on these too I'm guessing.

BBS Calito? I've had two sets replaced under warranty....it's the Milkyway wheel.

I thought you had just fitted spacers :yes:
Lol!!
What are they, BBS or Speedline?

I know the wheels on my W8 were well over £100 a corner to refurb, as they take a long time to strip down, and have the polished lip, so likely to be quite expensive on these too I'm guessing.
AFAIK they are BBS and the model is Speedline.......correct me if I'm wrong? £100 a throw........I've got five:ohmy:!!!

BBS Calito? I've had two sets replaced under warranty....it's the Milkyway wheel.
BBS Calito's are these
DSC00017.jpg

www.wheelrepair.co.uk he did my wheels and does all my wheels for me/clients etc. Jerry is the man.

It's mainly the polished lip, as expected, that's fubar'd . Is he ok with them as I would think most would rather paint the lot!

Get the centers painted akoya and polish the lips! :yes:

Yeah, I thought about colour coding them to the car.....it's Avus by the way..........as it would look nice against the polished lip:yes: