2.0 TDi Performance Loss

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
Well this has happened for a while, but not sure how to describe it.

After reaching operating temperature the car feels responsive and get I can feel the torque when I press the pedal down.

After a couple of hours of driving, the car feels slightly less reponsive and I don't get as much of that feeling of torque.

It's still quick though, but it just feels slightly different.

Only reason I can think of something like this is either I've gotten used to the feeling and I just don't feel it as much or something to do with the temp.

Not really moaning or anything but just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Without any VagCom logs or having any gauges to look at all anyone can do is guess. Heat soak would be one major issue as would a build up of EGT temps to lower performance if the car is driven for such long times plus the fact you have got used to the power over time.

Without any VagCom logs or having any gauges to look at all anyone can do is guess. Heat soak would be one major issue as would a build up of EGT temps to lower performance if the car is driven for such long times plus the fact you have got used to the power over time.

Oh ok then, well it's not causing me any problems so I'll just leave it. I remebered the first time I drove the car and it was like whoooooooooooooooooosh!

Oh ok then, well it's not causing me any problems so I'll just leave it. I remebered the first time I drove the car and it was like whoooooooooooooooooosh!

I had the same impression when I first bought it. Now it seems way slower!!!
When we get used to things they don't seem to be as exciting as at the beginning!

I still :wub: my car though. :detective2: