Quattro question

poweredbythis

Reaction score
Hi I've seen 99 1.8 Quattro advertised but it doesn't appear to be a turbo, until now I had believed the 1.8 Quattro only came in turbo form.

Can someone fill me in please?

Thanks

Hi
i think they only did a V6 2.8 and the 1.8 T in that year but i could be wrong too
have you a link for the advert ?

The advert just says 1.8, no mention of a turbo.

I've done a reg check on it and it just comes back as a 1781cc A4 Quattro. I checked a known turbo car and it rightly came back as 1.8t Quattro.

Obviously there is no turbo badge on the engine cover but that's as much as I can see from the picture with my very limited knowledge lol.

I'll check with seller also but just wanted a little background info before I called.

268869816.jpg

yeah they did a 1.8NA 20v A4 and Passat.

Not in the UK, i though the NA Quatty was export only? SIENA ?????

I wouldnt want something that uderpowered it was slow enough in 2wd guise

The Greek and Polish market did have the ADR-engined A4 in quattro form, and perhaps some other countries.

There's a Lithuanian guy that comes to my shop, that runs one.

Odd as it may seem, B5 A4 quattro was available as a 1,8 20V non-turbo.

Haven't seen the V5, since it was confirmed non-turbo I didn't bother calling about it.

Just keep looking........... :)

Jersey does have some strange VAG models, not generally available in England...

Well i have to say everything looks cosha on that Quatty NA. Its an SE spec looking at the barge seats and steering wheel. The badges back it up by the looks add to that the split folding seats ( another possible sign of quatty)
Odd one.

I prefer the green one though YUMMY

Nice but my heads fixed on picking up a silver one, off to see one on Wed so fingers crossed........