Boost gauge plumbing

There is a guy on the US ebay that does them for £32+shipping (about 10 days).

They are very good quality gauges.

If anyone knows a UK supplier for autometer gauges, then that might be easier, but shipping shouldn't be too much.

OH YEAH IT LOOKS GOOD. DOES IT HAVE AN ORANGE LIGHT TO MATCH THE DASH?

I'm pretty sure you can select a rubber boot that fits over the bulb to give you the colour you need.

I'm gonna check before I buy. I'll let you know.

That looks cool, maybe we could buy 3 of these and share shipping or something?

I finally got around to installing mine, but the bulb in the gauge isn't bright enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif you can only just see it at night. Any ideas on what bulb to try in it?

Oh yeah the boost gauge is custom made by Smiths to go with the dash colours and I've moulded and covered the pod into the pillar to look factory finish. Also I have wired the light to my dash lights so it dims.

Here are some pics:

Light

boost_gauge_light.jpg

Dark

boost_gauge_dark.jpg

You can just see it circled.

I will get pics of where I have plumbed in if anyone wants?

Dont mean to sound insulting. but are you sure you have connected it to the dimmer properly?

Have you tried it without it being connected to the dimmer?

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
Dont mean to sound insulting. but are you sure you have connected it to the dimmer properly?

Have you tried it without it being connected to the dimmer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it dims with the dash so I know that works.

Also I am now using a 5W bulb instead of a 2.5W bulb. So I don't know what to try next.

That gauge looks cool, can you post details of where to but them from. Is it too bright undimmed (make sense?) if not i wouldnt bother dimming it!

Maybe you can fit a replacement dash bulb to the gauge or at least find out their rating to try and match it! Also how come your instrument needles are red? did you change them?

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
That gauge looks cool, can you post details of where to but them from. Is it too bright undimmed (make sense?) if not i wouldnt bother dimming it!

Maybe you can fit a replacement dash bulb to the gauge or at least find out their rating to try and match it! Also how come your instrument needles are red? did you change them?

[/ QUOTE ]

prefacelift needles were red not white.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
prefacelift needles were red not white.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I've gone for the Autometer unit.

I got an email from the guy in the states. Its gonna be about £40 with shipping, which is a good price I thought. Especially from the USA.

that is a good price. but im gonna have to give it a miss! untill a later date.

My insurance is due this month!

£1113 Fully Comp

That aint bad seeing i have 1 years no claim and im 20!!

:)

Markb's Gauge would suit my instruments better as my needles are white, anyone know where he got it?

ive seem one on Ebay before .
Im sure it was a "Smiths" boost guage

no clue who retails them..

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's the other way round. It's too dim on un dimmed! (Not bright enough)

As stated this is now the needles are in my car.

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
Markb's Gauge would suit my instruments better as my needles are white, anyone know where he got it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Smiths gauge, but it was made as a one off to go with the dash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Smiths gauge, but it was made as a one off to go with the dash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One-off? well i think it would suit my dash better as my neddles are in fact white, so sell it to me and you get a new custom one with red needles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif