S3 Headlight Washer and Rear Washers

Audi_Alex

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i've just noticed that my headlight washers have stopped working which i suspect is due to using lower grade washer fluid from halfords which has blocked up the pipes. This has stopped the pump from working, and subsequently blown the fuse!

could anyone tell me if the circuit for this pump is linked with the rear washer, as this doesn't work any more??

i guess i need to clear the pipes out somehow, so should some warm/hot water do it? Or would i need to disconnect the pipe and force some pressure down it?

Can't seem to find the answer to this in the search, so when I solve it, i'll post the result here

Cheers in advance!

Alex

Lower grade fluid shouldn't stop your washers working, did they both pack up at the same time ? Are the motors still working but no water etc ?? Check the pipes comming from the bottle...

You could have what happened to me where the pipe had come apart in the engine bay for the rear washer....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67856

Failing that check your boot lids not full of water. The spindle that the rear wiper sits on can corrode and cause it to stop working.

T

leggy,

The rear washer died slowly, as in the flow rate reduced so it didn't reach as high up the screen.

A3Tom,

I had a similar problem a while back, so I superglued the barbed fitting in the engine bay, and there's no leak in the boot. I'll have a look at the wiper spindle when it's not raining!!

The problem I have is that without knowing what the fluid circuit is like, I can only see fuses being blown, as the washer pump is only finding restrictions and drawing too much current.

Looks like I'll be taking the bumper off to get access to all the pipes!!

Stay tuned...

I think the rear washer not working could be a leaking hose. Check cubby hole where your Sub lives, and also the passenger footwell. Give the rear wash a good blast for a few seconds then feel around these areas for wet patches