iPhone 3.0 - differences?

Lapchien66

Reaction score
I updated my iPhone to software version 3.0 last week, since then I've been able to stream music over the bluetooth from my iPhone. Not sure that I was able to do it before, but has anyone else noticed this change?

Yeah that's stereo Bluetooth. New feature for 3.0...

Cool that you can stream to the RNS! Should be able to stream to certain Parrot kits too. (not mine though:keule:)

what doi you mean stream it to your bluetooth? i have v3.0.

please explain sounds interesting!!

You need to pair the iPhone with your A2DP compatible headphones or headunit and glorious stereo will be forthcoming...

The old software only supported the mono headset profile, whereas 3.0 has A2DP support.

Cheers,

OS 3.0 now lets you stream whatever's playing on your iPhone 3G or 3GS to any paired A2DP Bluetooth 2.0 compatible audio device.

It's essentially intended for Bluetooth headphones, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work with Bluetooth devices in your car... like your hands free kit which is already connected to your speakers.

It'd actually be a pretty elegant way to play your music in the car, being completely wireless the phone wouldn't even have to leave your pocket. Plus you could listen to internet radio over 3G or WiFi in the car too. However you'd have to select/change tracks on the phone itself... which is pretty dangerous while driving.

There's a good write up about it here:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ar...stereo-bluetooth-iphone-3g-with-iphone-os-30/

You can just shake the iPhone to shuffle the playlist...

You can just shake the iPhone to shuffle the playlist...

Tried that last week. Fortunately, when the iPhone slipped out of my hand, it's ballistic path ended when it hit the sofa, so no damage!!

Cheers,

Hi - I've got the first gen I Phone (the one before the 3G came out) Would this be able to do the same thing with the update? and how exactly would it work by bluetoothing to my RNS-E?

:scared2: you need to attach a lanyard to the phone, like the Wii controllers. Lucky it hit the sofa thou mate ;)

Tried that last week. Fortunately, when the iPhone slipped out of my hand, it's ballistic path ended when it hit the sofa, so no damage!!

Cheers,

Hi - I've got the first gen I Phone (the one before the 3G came out) Would this be able to do the same thing with the update? and how exactly would it work by bluetoothing to my RNS-E?

Unfortunately stereo Bluetooth is only available on the 3G and 3GS. The Bluetooth hardware in the first generation iPhone doesn't support the required protocol.

Could be the perfect excuse to upgrade to the 3GS!

Unfortunately stereo Bluetooth is only available on the 3G and 3GS. The Bluetooth hardware in the first generation iPhone doesn't support the required protocol.

Could be the perfect excuse to upgrade to the 3GS!

Yeah possibly - contract due to run out with provider next few months so may look at it. TBH though not even sure I know what exactly this upgrade does - I read the link but it went over my head!:ohmy:! Anyone care to explain it for dummies like me?:uhm:

Right guys, today it was christmas for me. I had my 32GB Iphone 3GS arrive and Hazzy Dayz came to install BT in my car. Works excellent and Andy, Gareths Brother, did a great job. Now this is done, is it possible to stream music from my iphone over bluetooth to my car speakers? A guide would be most helpful! :p