Need help - DIS options & functions - A4 FSi 2004

COUKLF

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with my DIS - I changed the battery in the car and now the DIS displays startup checks in german and I've lost the second trip computer.

welcome to the forum!

sounds like some main vagcom settings are wrong now - is everything else still the same? just wondering if the settings have all been set back to defaults (hence the German and not recognising the full DIS)... how about light timers, locking and unlocking patterns when using the keyfob, do the steering wheel controls still work (radio volume, etc)?

where are you based?

maybe take it to a dealership or if you're in or near SW London I'm sure the bloke at HazzyDays would charge a lot less than a dealer though...

Keys and windows didn't work at first and then seemed to 'find' themselves again after an hour or so - everything is back to the previous settings (lights, locks, windows etc) with the exception of the vehicle diagnostics in the DIS and the service indicator reporting in german instead of English, and only one of the two trip computer modes showing - it used to show a 1 or 2 in the DIS for each of 'current journey' and 'life of car modes' - now it just shows life of car mode without any mode number. Dunno if it helps diagnose but it's the DIS that comes with Satnav + - the colour one with the better white DIS readout i.e. not the basic red pictogram version. Car is 2004 model year. I'm told that there is some way of getting to the settings through the stalk buttons or the satnav/climate control buttons, but have no idea if true or how to try. Grateful for any pointers from anyone - Audi said they wanted about £70 to "code the battery to the car, so you can't just go to Halfords" which I think is a rip off load of nonsense.

Midlands - my local service place has auto type sensing diagnostic software & can read / reset error codes....... you reckon he should be able to change DIS options?

If they have Vag-com or high end Snap-on scanner they will be able to do it. I think also the Bosch kts system and Launch will work to.