Water Pump

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well the water pump gave up the ghost at the weekend, yep the impeller thing. :banghead:

The car will over heat when driven but return to normal when stationery.

Dam thing only had a Cam belt change 10k ago and I would have thought Audi would have changed the pump as a matter of process, so I will be giving them a ring to find out what done on a major service and what warrantee is on the parts.:nunu:

I think the dealer will give a two year warranty on parts, but I suppose they will argue that they didn't change the water pump so it's not their problem.

It's infuriating, I had the exact same thing when my timing belt tensioner went and wrecked the engine, the pulley wasn't changed when the belt was so there was no 'failure of changed parts'. Good luck!

Well I'm going to do the feeler aproch and ask what you get with a cam belt service and then hit them with it and demand a free repair.

Well just got off the phone from Beechwood Audi and when they did the 80k Cam belt change they did not change the pump "What W***kers".

We all know if you change the belt you change the pump it make sense, so now I have to get it all redone and knowing the Steelers they never changed the pulleys either. :motz:So one got a major job to do and I'm on holiday from next Monday oh great just what I needed.

What a nightmare! When you booked the car in did they not even ask you if you wanted the pump changing ?

Let me know if you want me to get any parts for you!

The car had the cam belt done under inspection as part of their sales stock and so they did it for them but only the basics.

I will be replacing the pump with a metal impeller rather than plastic which is also only working out at £18 the belt will cost more and I will have to do the work myself :sos:.

Never done one so a major learning curve I think but there are loads of write-ups so I should be fine:ohmy:

Dave, if you want a hand, let me know. I can see if i can pop over to give you some support

Mate you live over 200 miles away and based on that I will decline
Because it not fair and your still on the road to recovery.

I will also fit this little lot with the pump when I get back off my holiday and slap on the Milltek down pipe, sport CAT from 034, Samco DV and my Hybrid K04 Outlaw from Scroll.

Now if for some strange coincident you are down this way then yes any help would be gratefully received other than that stay put myman.:beerchug: