Another Newbie Looking for an S3!

morgan306

Reaction score
Hello!

I thought I would finally say hi as I have been lurking in this well informed forum for a little while now reading up on the S3.

My current car is a 1997 306 GTi6 which I have owned for 5 years now,brilliant car but I fancy something a little more modern & refined.

I have about £8000 to spend on a facelift S3,preferably black or silver.

Morgan.

Hello and Welcome to the site Morgan
For that price you can pick up a very tidy S3.

Thanks for the welcomes :sm4:

I know exactly what I want..Black,Chrome mirrors,arm rest,Black leather,Bose etc. All the ones that fit the bill seem to be in Scotland though!

It does,shame about the mirrors though..

Does anyone know whether front armrests are an optional extra or fitted as standard?

optional extra...and have you driven one with it in as I reckon unless your on the motorway regular or you have an autobox they get in the way

I haven't to be honest,I wouldn't be doing that many motorway miles in it as I have a company van to use during the week. Can they be added easy enough? Seems daft me worrying about an armrest I know! Also, the Bose upgrade,is it noticably better than standard Audi fitment?

the armrest gets in the way when changing gear whenever I've driven one might be a knack to it but I haven't one in my S3 nor Bose for me only symphony 2