2.0T - Where did the oil go????

Fast3000

Reaction score
hi Chaps,

I have had my 2.0T for 2 months now. The other the day the warning light came on for low oil!!

When I got the car from Audi I checked the oil level which showed oil. not sure if it was max but it definitaly was not Min!!

Anyway - I bought some Mobil oil today topped it up as a saftey precuaution.

But my Q is - WTF? do I take it back to Audi? Also where do you think the oil went! do these cars need a top up?

Last Q - Im also on longlife service!?

How many miles do you have on the car? Its not uncommon for these cars to drink oil. Audi say its only got a problem if you use a litre every 1000miles or something stupid!

Hmm I'd say just keep it topped up and if you notice it dropping significantly then go back to the dealer, i know my Tdi needs a top up every 8k or so. If you search the A3 section for the same thing im sure you'll find something.

My 2.0T FSi needs topping up every 6-8k too -it's normal aparently..........

My neighbour has got a new A4 avant s line special edition. The first thing he said to me, when i asked how he was getting on with it was about the amount of oil it 'drank'. Apparently it is very common.

Nice one chaps . thanks for the pointers....

I had to buy the Mobil oil is deperation! but do you think it needs a full oil change now? I think i bought the wrong spec. 0-40w fully sythetic.

what is the right spec and would i need a full oil change?

I heard about this oil problem before i bought my Audi, so i bought some oil in preparation so as not to get caught out and believe or not my car after 8 months and 9000 miles it has used hardly used any oil my car has 33000 miles on the clock.

I've never had to put oil in my 2.0TFSI and I have 24K on the clock it's had 1longlife service. I had a 2.4 that was a differenct story 1L a month. :(

They do like to drink a little but I wouldn't expect it to go down in 2 months unless you've used it quite a bit. I find it better to run them at half way between the marks, any more and they just burn it off until you end up at the half way point again.

I don't think Mobil 1 is suitable for the TFSi unless they have changed it since I last looked. I always use Castrol Edge which can normally be bought from Halfrauds.

It would be worth speaking to the dealers and take their advice on the oil change. There is an 'allowable' amount for emergency top up but I can't remember what. Maybe check the owners manual.

Details are in the owners manual, most garages/petrol stations stock the right kind of oil though as a lot of cars now have these long life services. If you drive it like you stole it, you'll burn a lot more oil than usual.