Window Chrome fading

wet-rain

Reaction score
I just bought an A4 S line 57 plate from Bolton Audi, for some reason i didnt notice the fading of window chrome at the time of purchase :keule:. Now the dealer says its not covered under the warranty, they have quoted me over a grand for replacement, if i want to.
Not sure whats the best way to get it done, dont want to pay, should i complain?

Sounds a bit strange, the car is still under manufacturers warranty so should be covered, I feel a complaint to the aftersales manager or head of business should be the way to go, hope you have a successful outcome!

yeah I would complain as above. And lets us know how you get on.

I have the same problem with my 56 plate 2.0T. Mine is very dull. My 53 plate had chrome window surrounds but were still very shiny when i sold it at xmas. Maybe they used better quality stuff a few years ago than they do now. Anyone else got this problem, and any ideas how to restore to it's former glory?

Hi both my a4s had their trim replaced under warranty , its a full door strip down job , I would have thought your dealer would have welcomed the warranty work.

Can't you return the car within 30days for a no-quibble refund?
If so, I'd suggest this to the dealer and see if he has a change of heart!

Spoke to the manager and eventually he agreed to replace it under warranty, booked for this friday.
Thanks everybody for ur replies.

Glad to hear the manager has finally seen sense , the trims can be a pain make sure on collection none have any scratches and that all the door trims are intact -no tears , and all screws etc are tight. On my first a4 the seals had to be replaced because of sloppy work and driver's door mirror was loose .Will look well when finished .